engine type

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadoman

Reaction score
Hi folks, new here.
Just bought a 2014 Navara single cab 4wd diesel turbo. Just trying to establish the exact engine type so I can do some basic servicing.
Plate says YD25. Is this the YD25 DDTi or DDTi common rail type? And what is the difference?
20221011_111435.jpg
20221011_120949.jpg
20221011_122111.jpg
20221011_120837.jpg
20221011_111218.jpg

According to the manual, this type has the permanent oil filter housing, but mine has the disposable oil filter on it.
Some pics attached for info.
Thanks folks.

Hey Guys,

Kiwi D22 owner here, My ID plate also states engine as a YD25(cti)2488 but when I've searched for it I cant really find any useful information. Is there like a reverse look up of the model code or a service manual for the later versions of D22 (2010+) range fitted with the common rail engine ?

Long time lurker, first time poster

Appreciate any help from the community!

Hey Guys,

Kiwi D22 owner here, My ID plate also states engine as a YD25(cti)2488 but when I've searched for it I cant really find any useful information. Is there like a reverse look up of the model code or a service manual for the later versions of D22 (2010+) range fitted with the common rail engine ?

Long time lurker, first time poster

Appreciate any help from the community!
what info are you after?
the manual i have only has 2008 for the yd25 version, the first year of them. it doesn't have a lot of useful info.

one of the issues is there is so many versions of the yd25.

what info are you after?
the manual i have only has 2008 for the yd25 version, the first year of them. it doesn't have a lot of useful info.

one of the issues is there is so many versions of the yd25.
I began troubleshooting a no start jssue and referring to the manual with sups up to 2008 (I think we have the same set). I've discovered in the last 2 hours from this website: D22 Manual 1997 - 2011 that I'm missing 2 supplements from 2009 and 2011. Anyway, I just want to make sure there haven't been any updates since 2008 to the fuel delivery and return system from/to the tank or the fuel pump in the tank. Don't really want to spend the green, but I think I have too.

I found a cheeky little inline filter just under the body near the tank on one of the lines that I couldn't find documented in any of the manuals up to 2008. not sure if this is after market but looks like a factory install. Also the previous owner lost the fuel filler cap and is using a cap which says "gasoline petrol fuel only" and not sure if this cap will work correctly on the vent point for the diesel tank. I don't even know if my tank is meant to vent via the cap since I can't find anything on the fuel cap apart from what's in the original 1997 manual

Some background: last weekend. I got stranded 3 hours from home and had to get the ute towed back for $1k. I've already done some basic troubleshooting and tested the fuel delivery on the low pressure side with me positioning my hand vacuum pump at fuel filter lift pump and I can't build any pressure back to the tank but can hold pressure to the high pressure reg.

Sorry I totally I hijacked this thread.

I found a cheeky little inline filter just under the body near the tank on one of the lines that I couldn't find documented in any of the manuals up to 2008. not sure if this is after market but looks like a factory install. Also the previous owner lost the fuel filler cap and is using a cap which says "gasoline petrol fuel only" and not sure if this cap will work correctly on the vent point for the diesel tank. I don't even know if my tank is meant to vent via the cap since I can't find anything on the fuel cap apart from what's in the original 1997 manual

make a separate post on it.

sadly not uncommon for idiots to put little fuel filters on diesels which chokes the pump. if you can put a pic up of it.
cap will be fine, tank vent is separate.

just to add, make sure your not mistaking the breather valve on the breather line for a small fuel filter.
assuming its a filter on the fuel line, once you remove it you will need to reset the fuel data.

just to add, make sure your not mistaking the breather valve on the breather line for a small fuel filter.
assuming its a filter on the fuel line, once you remove it you will need to reset the fuel data
I think I am, it may be a one way valve. Ill start a new topic with pics soon

Latest posts

Back