Engine Swap D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom408

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped a YD25 with a VQ40. Ive got a Thai built manual 2010 D40 with a blown up YD. Just wondering if anyone has tried.

I think that the electronics would make it very, very hard to do.

The ECU & entire loom for a diesel is completely different to a petrol. So is the exhaust system.

The gearing would be different too.

^ Fuel is also delivered differently, you should consider replacing the diesel tank with a petrol one. It would be simpler to find a wrecked Nav and see if its motor is salvageable. An alternative is a full rebuild, you'll effectively have a brand new engine. If you're good with tools it might be the way to go.

^ Fuel is also delivered differently, you should consider replacing the diesel tank with a petrol one. It would be simpler to find a wrecked Nav and see if its motor is salvageable. An alternative is a full rebuild, you'll effectively have a brand new engine. If you're good with tools it might be the way to go.
Yes! I'm not that handy, but if you were, rebuilding it would be a very economical way to go.

Hey, yea cheers for info. Have talked to my mechanic, rebuilding exhisting engine going to be very expensive exercise as shes snapped timing chain, dropped a valve and done damage to bore, head, piston etc. Think double row timing chain kit is over $2000 alone. Have found some good spanish built YD25, for straight engine swap.have been told they will go in my thai built chassis with a few minor mods? Any anfo regarding swapping a thai out with spain YD25 would be good? Prob gona have some wiring issues? But have been told same engine mounts? Box bolts up fine if goin man to manual? Cheers

Hey, yea cheers for info. Have talked to my mechanic, rebuilding exhisting engine going to be very expensive exercise as shes snapped timing chain, dropped a valve and done damage to bore, head, piston etc. Think double row timing chain kit is over $2000 alone. Have found some good spanish built YD25, for straight engine swap.have been told they will go in my thai built chassis with a few minor mods? Any anfo regarding swapping a thai out with spain YD25 would be good? Prob gona have some wiring issues? But have been told same engine mounts? Box bolts up fine if goin man to manual? Cheers
What’s the price on the second hand engine

Latest posts

Back