Engine identification

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam29

Reaction score
Hi
Unsure what engine I have in my 2001 d22. It's a 2.5tdi 133hp but it has a cast iron head not aluminium? The engine no starts with td25 not YN. I have read somewhere that they are the same. Can anyone advise what engine I have? Is it good or Should I expect it to throw a leg out of bed.
Thanks in advance

This engine by the looks of it. Not up on these but if it's been running this long without chucking it in that's a fair effort and any inherent design problems have probably either been sorted or weren't there to begin with? How many kms?

https://www.engine-specs.net/nissan/td25.html

Last edited:
Hi
Unsure what engine I have in my 2001 d22. It's a 2.5tdi 133hp but it has a cast iron head not aluminium? The engine no starts with td25 not YN. I have read somewhere that they are the same. Can anyone advise what engine I have? Is it good or Should I expect it to throw a leg out of bed.
Thanks in advance
thats the old school td25. fairly bullet proof engines and doesn't have the issue the yd25 does.
they are not remotely similar.

That's not many kms. As long as it's been serviced regularly should be fine.

Latest posts

Back