Engine description

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

probsy

Reaction score
G'day all, Newby here. I've purchased a 2011 d40 but in a cluster with the engine.... It runs 4x V belts instead of 2x serpentine belts. Well only 3 belts at current as the AC has a serpentine belt pulley, but also the inner belt slot on the harmonic balancer that is ment to go to AC can't because the AC mount is too far forward. My rocker cover looks same as 2013 image. Tried changing pullies to serpentine but behind my PS tensioner is an oil gallery and harmonic balancer won't go in far enough to seal

Any idea on what trickery is going on here???

Attached are pictures, engine looks like the 2013 one but has bolt ons like the other eg intake etc, turbo is a vacuum vnt not electronic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927-103922_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927-103922_Facebook.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220927-104127_Gumtree.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927-104127_Gumtree.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 0
there is quite a number of different version with different power outputs. pays to keep them the same, otherwise you will need ecu change, possibly wiring change etc.

That's what I'm trying to work out, I've never seen a D40 with vbelts and the lower crank case is different to the ones I've tried to get parts from

Looks to me like you have a d22 motor,

Good news for you is I am looking for the power steering idler bracket and tensioner pulley.

Latest posts

Back