Electric Mirrors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted electric door mirrors to the early model STR
if so what did it cost and work involved, Please
Scouse..:

victory:

Last edited:
Hey mate just seen this thread.

Have you got a service manual ?

If not Ill put a wiring diagram or send you a manual. Pm me your details and Ill post a copy.

Dave.

Not sure Scott, pull the door trim off and see if the wiring is there for it.

Mine had them from the factory.

Dave.

Do you know how to do it Dion

Yeah, I can make a clone of the Nissan power mirror harness. Wait till you see what I've had to do with my whole wiring harness to get the QD32 in professionally.

I can't guarantee I've got all the right connectors in stock from my leftover new-gen harnesses, but failing that we can just use waterproof automotive-spec aftermarket connectors. Have you already bought the mirrors and the door switch panel or still looking?

Dion, whats the chances of retro fitting for a D40 RX ?

I've already had to replace the RH mirror after clipping a small tree on the last outing i did - and there was no hidden wiring that i saw when i replaced the mirror.

My answer may not be as comprehensive as Dion's but I'd say check the wiring loom first, chances are it's there, if that's there half your work is done. The RX has the same mirrors (shape and size) as the STX but without the automagic operation don't they?

Have you got the manual Woody it shouldn't be hard to cross reference what you see with the manual and find out if the wiring is in place.

Krafty

i only have manual that comes with the car - i havn't got a FULL service or technical manual.

so far i've only pulled off the plastic plate on the inside of the door to access the bolts to replace the mirror - i have not pulled the door lining off

i assume you would need to pull door lining off to check for wiring loom?

Not sure if my manual covers the RX, given that it covers the others there is no reason why it shouldn't in part cover it. I'll bring you a copy next week if you want it, other wise it's downloadable from somewhere.

I've managed to trace what goes into the back door with the B pillar cover off so I'd imagine the same would apply with the A pillar (kick panel and drivers foot) cover off, you find the wires going into the door and work out what each one is. You could pull the lining off and achieve the same goal but I'm not sure how easy the linings are to get off and I know the kick panel is only one stupid plastic screw.

I've attached the wiring diagram for both the D22 and D40 for everyone to see. They are very similar layouts but use different connectors. You'd either have to add pins into empty slots on the door multiple-junction if you have ones the right size, or use a small aftermarket connector standalone.

I have already bought them mate.Mirrors and switches.

Do you want to come up for a day to make a harness or do you want to send me the mirrors and switches and I'll make one on the testbench? Up to you.

Dion, whats the chances of retro fitting for a D40 RX ?

Chances are very good, but I have no D40 connectors in stock so it'd have to be 100% aftermarket connectors. Not a big deal, just means buying stuff. Plus I'd need the mirrors and switches to test, fit connectors etc. Get in touch when you're ready to go.

I've already had to replace the RH mirror after clipping a small tree on the last outing i did - and there was no hidden wiring that i saw when i replaced the mirror.

My answer may not be as comprehensive as Dion's but I'd say check the wiring loom first, chances are it's there, if that's there half your work is done.

In response to both of the above, the era of leaving bits of wiring loom in lower spec cars ended with the D21. From the D22S1 onwards I've found that Nissan have pursued an extensive program of harness cost cutting. I'd be very surprised (and very happy) to find that the wiring for the mirrors would be in an RX, given that the harness is hand-wrapped so there is limited incentive to standardise every single D40 harness.

i assume you would need to pull door lining off to check for wiring loom?

Yes. Refer to the attached diagram to see where the connector for the mirror resides, it's right down in the door.

Not sure if my manual covers the RX, given that it covers the others there is no reason why it shouldn't in part cover it.

To check: D40 Manual => General Information => Identification Information => Model Variation, XE=RX, SE=STX, it will cover it.

I'll bring you a copy next week if you want it, other wise it's downloadable from somewhere.

That's certainly worthwhile, I think no member of the forum should be without the FSM, it's invaluable.

I've managed to trace what goes into the back door with the B pillar cover off so I'd imagine the same would apply with the A pillar (kick panel and drivers foot) cover off, you find the wires going into the door and work out what each one is. You could pull the lining off and achieve the same goal but I'm not sure how easy the linings are to get off and I know the kick panel is only one stupid plastic screw.

For all those keen to get the power mirrors working, given the likelihood that the factory wiring for the mirrors isn't there, keep in mind that for a professional install of a mirror wiring loom, the dash will have to come off. Happy days. :big_smile:

Attachments

• D22 Door Mirrors.pdf
    43.9 KB · Views: 162
  • D40 Door Mirrors.pdf
    101.8 KB · Views: 193
Struth .... i'm gonna haveto read through that 3 or 4 times after i've had a long lunch at the pub ...

Thanks DION for that ....

Krafty ... email the FSM if ya like or bring copy, either way i'd be grateful.

off to long lunch now ...

The only reason I'd suggest the extra wiring could be there in part or in full is because the ST-X has what appears to be extra wiring for the climate control that the Pathy gets which includes the outside temp gauge and the stereo controls in the steering wheel that the Pathy (and one of the cheaper models) get and there is possibly more.

I can't even remember where the control switch for the mirrors is (because I use it so often), I think it's near the ignition somewhere and I'm not sure I'd be wanting to get too into pulling that apart let alone the work needed to go further.

The only reason I'd suggest the extra wiring could be there in part or in full is because the ST-X has what appears to be extra wiring for the climate control that the Pathy gets which includes the outside temp gauge and the stereo controls in the steering wheel that the Pathy (and one of the cheaper models) get and there is possibly more.

I can't even remember where the control switch for the mirrors is (because I use it so often), I think it's near the ignition somewhere and I'm not sure I'd be wanting to get too into pulling that apart let alone the work needed to go further.

Well as I said if the wiring is already in the D40 then that is fantastic. Yes, big job, hence the caution to those interested about the size of the job.

Latest posts

Back