EGR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete hodgo

Reaction score
Hey guys my names Pete I’m new to the forum,just wondering if anyone’s had any issues with blocking the EGR ? I’m looking at blocking mine off and just wanted a bit of feedback from those who have done it,cheers 🤙

It depends on the year model of your car. Early models (2012 and earlier, I think) could have the EGR blocked without any drama. Then they started putting flow sensors in and now the entire tune is dependent on EGR.

I blanked my EGR and I can only say it has been such a success. Before the car constantly blew black smoke excessively now there is no sign of smoke and for the first time the bumper bar near the exhaust is silver. I also notice a considerable improvement in power and responsiveness . Now I get 7.8 L per hundred is an improvement. My d22 is a 2011

Hi,
Does your D22 have the YD25 in it?
Need to do the same to my D40 but always struggle trying to find the time.

yeh its a no brainer ..... apart from a catch can too ... just one of those things to do and a pre cleaner for the diesel fuel .... 2010 d22 with 400000 klms

Hi,
Does your D22 have the YD25 in it?
Need to do the same to my D40 but always struggle trying to find the time.

Yes just checked its a YD25 - It's easy just take a gasket out and use it as a template to make the solid blank - I used a bit of aluminum sheet metal . I can send you a pic of where I placed it if you like

I have a 2015 YD 25 D22 - I've blanked the EGR and like Paul above greatly reduced smokeand a liitle more power or torque which comes in a little lower in the reves. Well worth doing and no issues with the ecu. Been over a year now.

I blanked my EGR and I can only say it has been such a success. Before the car constantly blew black smoke excessively now there is no sign of smoke and for the first time the bumper bar near the exhaust is silver. I also notice a considerable improvement in power and responsiveness . Now I get 7.8 L per hundred is an improvement. My d22 is a 2011
.. your black smoke is fuel not getting burned properly you have a system malfunction .blocking the egr proved this, except we are all are letting out less black carbon and more noxious chemicals into the atmosphere. its not a case of which pollution is more damaging. i myself realize its using a product as its designed for and the good of the envirement.(comes at a cost ) check this out copy and paste might explain the chemicals the egr valve is supposed to suppress or help change into something less damaging. When we do these modifications the car wont pass a roadworthy nor will black smoke or grey or white smoke.. Symptoms of a Bad EGR Valve

Latest posts

Back