Egr knock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nednicko

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a clunk at all while turning
After the egr mod did this about 500km
Cars running great but have just noticed the knocking when turning

on my 4x4 clunk while turning i have had that problem it was my front cv joints and or bearings , the one that usually wears first is passenger side it hits the potholes and takes the most punishment when going around round abouts

^ As above.

Find a smooth corner you can take at mild speed in both directions (like around 60km/h, without tyres squealing). Try to take the corner in both directions at the same pace. If the road noise is louder in one direction than it is in the other, the OUTSIDE bearing is worn and needs replacing.

Pulling the CV boot and examining the CV is probably the best way of determining CV issues, but with the car on a hoist and the steering turned all the way, you could listen to the thing from underneath as you turn the wheel. Hoist might just be car stands in your driveway, but never just a jack. Always use stands.

forgot to mention on my old d22 i had a single knock on full lock followed by scraping noise untill i backed the stearind a small amount , it was the nylon caps worn off the stoppers,stuck some molly grease on there ,havnt heard it since

Has anyone noticed a clunk at all while turning
After the egr mod did this about 500km
Cars running great but have just noticed the knocking when turning
Which year D22?

Is it doing this at low speed when chucking a u-ee (u-turn lol)? D22's are well known for this as izzibri pointed out, it's the steering stoppers, the nylon caps wear out. Some grease fixes that.

Is it at moderate speeds? I used to get a clunking sound at roundabouts that was difficult to pinpoint. Sounded from the front but after changing ball joints, steering arm/joints it was still there. Ended up being worn cabin mounts, changed them and haven't had it since.

Which year D22?

Is it doing this at low speed when chucking a u-ee (u-turn lol)? D22's are well known for this as izzibri pointed out, it's the steering stoppers, the nylon caps wear out. Some grease fixes that.

Is it at moderate speeds? I used to get a clunking sound at roundabouts that was difficult to pinpoint. Sounded from the front but after changing ball joints, steering arm/joints it was still there. Ended up being worn cabin mounts, changed them and haven't had it since.
See a lot of d22 owners here do body lifts but the extension rubbers don't seem to have the same profile that the standard rubbers have, I have no intention of doing a body lift but had to replace all rubbers on a 2011 vehicle I had here due to the body moving backward and forwards.

Latest posts

Back