EGR block off -2013 Spain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarnasty

Reaction score
Has any one done a simple EGR block off with a 2013 Spanish d40 . ?

Seen threads about older d40s just wondering if it works or if there is a flow sensor that was introduced and that stops it from working.
Thanks

Mate I did my Spanish D40 2014. I had read I might have to drill a 10mm hole in the plate if it puts it into limp mode. Not necessary. Fitted the plate in 2016 and never had an issue
Cool I’ll give it a shot . So no ecu remap ? Just unbolt and Install plate ?

You won’t need pics mate. 2 nuts off on the left hand side of pipe and I think 4 nuts loosened on the right hand side pipe. Remove gasket on left side. Place some kind of gasket goo on both sides of gasket. Place it back on. Put EGR blanking plate in. Put pipe on and tighten everything. 20 min job max.

Is there away to clean the system out without spending a fortune.
I assume you mean the inlet manifold??? It is pretty straight fwd, i had the manifold off of mine and soaked it in a bucket of solvent for 2 days and then gave er a good scrub with a bottle brush taped to a stuck (essentially) there are parts washers that will do it quicker and probably better, but i had time to let it sit, to clean the inlet ports of the head,.......... weeelllllll thats something i would remove the head for (big job, head gasket and bolts 200ish bucks), you definetly dont want to scrub that away, fill a cylinder with crap and corruption or worse ( my head coincedentally was replaced at this stage, the head is ported in such a way that the inlet port is the 2 valves at the front of the cylinder, (1 valve opened by each cam) and exhaust is at the back, so to scrub that u need to go in, around both valves etc etc, a royal pain in the arse, requires a robo washer

I would probably not worry about cleaning these out to be honest, unless you've disassembled it for another reason its a large job and i am not hugely convinced doing this as a standalone job really has the benefit you may think,

Has this made a big difference to the way mine runs?? Not as big as i would have expected it does seem to run smoother, but that may be purely psychological, i had to do a full rebuild and replace the head on mine at the same time, which is why it was apart

remember the turbo will force air into the hole regardless

For background, my car had 365000 on the clock, ( EGR blanked for about half of that) and there was about a 5 mm layer of hard gooey tar like shit covering the entire internal surface of the inlet manifold and head

Back