Ecu trip.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyT.

Reaction score
Ok looking for ideas, I have a Spain built 09 navara d40 diesel 2.5. Something is tripping my ecu which is playing with the fuel pump then causing it to smoke like a bugger, I do a ecu reset and it stops smoking. I have replaced the maf sensor, cleaned and proven the egr, replaced the fuel pump, cleaned out the intercooler. Had two separate people do fault scans and shows nothing. I did take out the exhaust system and put 3" straight pipe system in it because it kept on going into limp mode really bad. I'm running out of ideas to what's going on. Any info would be appreciated.

Is it an auto? It might be trying to do a DPF regen. Mine did the same thing, I wrote to @auggie on this forum and bought replacement DPF sensors which I installed and have had no problems since.

Is it an auto? It might be trying to do a DPF regen. Mine did the same thing, I wrote to @auggie on this forum and bought replacement DPF sensors which I installed and have had no problems since.
I put in new one's when I replace the exhaust system, allso have checked and cleaned them just recently. Fitted a new fuel pump 2 weeks ago and it just started to do it again.

Ok, try this.

Find a way to reset the DPF routine in the ECU. A mechanic should have a scan tool that can do this. You cannot do it with a simple ECU reset. It MUST be done with the scan tool.

Then take the car for a drive. If there's absolutely no smoke for somewhere between 200 and 300 km (130-180 miles) and THEN it starts, the DPF sensors you have in there are not behaving correctly. I don't think cleaning them helps. Auggie knows about these things far better than I do, I can only relate my experience with those sensors and Auggie's product that solved my problem.

If the smoke starts regardless, then we'll have to start looking at things on the engine.

Latest posts

Back