ECU not been enabled by your dealer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navarato

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have 2010 SE Navara double cab QR25DE petrol 2wd with check engine light on. I tried to connect generic elm 327 wifi but I get different warning messages from different apps like this message: ECU problem The ECU is reporting that it does not support the reading of any PIDs. Your vehicle may not OBD2 compliant or the vehicle ECU has not been enabled by your dealer or manufacturer for OBD2 access. Torque will probably not be able to retrieve information due to this problem.

however it still connects but give very little data and testings. the more confusing issue is giving the error code p0850 and when I look up this code in google I get this: A P0850 diagnostic trouble code means that the computer is not sure whether or not the transmission has been shifted into a neutral gear or park.

but my transmission is manual and there is no park position in the first place.

if anybody can explain why my ECU not providing data to the scanner or why it's giving non applicable error code?

Thank you all

I'd suspect the OBD adapter first. It might say that it's ELM327 compliant, but as with a great many things these days, they may not be as advertised. Your 2010 model car will have a very similar ECU to my own. I have a (rather inexpensive) bluetooth OBD2 adapter which works absolutely fine in my car, providing me with almost all of the information available (I can't talk to the auto transmission, but that information IS available through the OBD port because I've done it myself with a professional OBD diagnostic tool).

It would be worthwhile either trying another adapter, or ask your mechanic if they can just hook their device up and see if they're getting the same error, before rushing to fix a problem that may not exist. Then it might just be a case of trying to source a better OBD adapter and trying to get your money back on the one you have.

Good luck - keep us posted.

where are you located?
someone with one might be able to let you borrow there's so you can check it out

error code p0850

Update: right after replacing air filter and cleaning MAF sensor, throttle body and EVAP valve, check engine light which was on for several months went off for good. I have no clue which procedure helped?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back