Dying after foot down? Limp mode?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humeysd40

Reaction score
Had an issue this morning,

went for a drive, little power, boost seems good and goes well.But if i put my foot down for a prolonged period, seems to cut out and looses all power.

pulled over restart engine and it has abit of power back.

is this the SCV? My boost is good and bcs is brand new, my fuel rail pressure sits at 65/70,000kpa which i think is 10,000 psi?

somethingto fox this? I replaced my scv with a “genuine” ebay ine but it might be dodgy? Any help thanks.

@Old.Tony Im im pretty sure my car doesnt have a power issue. I think the cars transmission is stuck in limp mode, therefore giving the impression of no power.

i believe i will have to take the TCM out the valve body have a look see if the solenois are good or the circuit itself has broke. Aparently they can break on the front brake solenoid part?

also quick note, what fluid does the trans take? I chicked transmax into mine a few weeks ago which didnt seem to have any effect.

I had the same problems changed the scv yesterday and so far so good cost £110 from denso

Nissan are pretty specific about the ATF that goes in the transmission, because the servos and sensors are designed around a specific fluid that has particular flow rates at certain temperatures. It's actually fairly important.

That said, the oil they sell for your car "Nissan ATF Matic J" isn't developed by Nissan, they simply chose a specific oil (example: Dexron III), built the gearbox around the characteristics of that oil, then purchased that oil in bulk and branded it themselves.

Your gearbox is actually a Jatco 5R05. In this box, Castrol Transmax J and Pennzoil ATF-J will work fine, as will Nissan's ATF Matic S which superceded the J oil about 12 years ago.

Latest posts

Back