Ds mode + rear camera issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavaraNavara

Reaction score
hi; i got the Navara 2012 V6 3000cc auto (european edition)

I noticed 3 issues with my new truck

1. gearbox most of the time won't engage Ds and manual +-

2. rear camera sometimes retrieve a poor quality image.

3. fuel consumption is 15.3 litter for every 100km . is that bad? (driving in a high hills area)

4. also my headlights arevalways ON once engine is started.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

1) It's worth taking the car to an automatic transmission expert and have them connect their analysis tool to it and take it for a drive. Don't risk taking it to a normal mechanic or a small operation, take it to a big shop. I took mine to a 1-man operation and he wrecked my gearbox.

2) You might find some deterioration in the electrical connection for the camera at the rear of the car. DC power doesn't like to travel more than about 3 metres before it diminishes, so at the length of the car it's already nearing its limit. A dodgy electrical connection will easily cause problems, but so can a cold solder joint in the camera itself or a poor connection in the dash.

3) I am envious. 15.3km per litre is 6.5LPHK which is about half of what my car uses driving on flat ground.

4) If your car doesn't have a headlight switch on the steering column then they've hard-wired the lights "ON" like many manufacturers are doing (particularly motorcycles, my 1996 Goldwing has this but I've put a switch and a relay inbetween to stop that). You could put a relay in yours to do the same, but I'd use a H4 extension and insert the relay in there rather than attacking the original wiring. Refer to diagram below for how I modified my motorcycle (although it has two headlight globes, they are both next to each other and I only need to do this circuit once).

H4 Wiring To Insert Relay.jpg

15.3LPHK is a bit high for a car on its own, although if it's fully laden going up a bunch of steep hills it'll get there. You should expect consumption considerably under 11LPHK on level-ish ground, we've had one user here in Australia towing a 2T caravan across the Barkly Highway (flat) reporting 12LPHK with their V6 diesel (STX-550).

Latest posts

Back