Driving without an AC pressure switch/sensor?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patchyfog

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this should be here or the engine section but anyway...

So, I stuffed my AC pressure switch - the high side one, located driver's side front, just by the radiator - and am awaiting delivery of a new one.
While I wait, would it be safe - as in, cause no damage - for me to drive without it? If so, should I remove any fuses/relays first or will the ECU just do the work for me?

Thanks

Craig

I have asked this question in my previous "limp mode" thread but it may get overlooked as it wasn't part of the original post.

Replacing the AC pressure switch

So, replacing the switch/transducer (or whatever you want to call it) is simply connect the electrical connector at one side, screw on at the other. Does anyone know how to unscrew the old one without losing - and getting covered in - a load of gas?

Thanks

You'll have to take it to someone who works on air-cons. It is illegal to let the gas to atmosphere and if you do that, you'll have to have the system vacuumed before they can regas it. If you take it somewhere, the will be able to decant your old gas out and the put it back in when they've changed the switch over.

You'll have to take it to someone who works on air-cons. It is illegal to let the gas to atmosphere and if you do that, you'll have to have the system vacuumed before they can regas it. If you take it somewhere, the will be able to decant your old gas out and the put it back in when they've changed the switch over.

Okay, thanks for that. I appreciate the reply.

Latest posts

Back