Drift Catch Can Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottar

Reaction score
Just a few pics of the mod I did to a "Drift" brand catch can. Used this one because it was the only cheaper type can I could find with larger than 3/8 or 10mm thread size for the inlet and outlet. The fittings that come in the kit are the right size for a ZD30 motor.

Regards

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_0834_1.JPG
    IMG_0834_1.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 981
  • IMG_0835_1.JPG
    IMG_0835_1.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,437
  • IMG_0836_1.JPG
    IMG_0836_1.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_0839_1.JPG
    IMG_0839_1.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,163
Good Job
I used the round D1 catch can and split mine down the middle and used the steel wool the same as yours. In retrospect I think the square would have been a easier deal for mine.
maybe next time Ill do it like yours.

I have the same catch can as that.

Use hydraulic hose to connect it.

Its better with oil.

Just a few pics of the mod I did to a "Drift" brand catch can. Used this one because it was the only cheaper type can I could find with larger than 3/8 or 10mm thread size for the inlet and outlet. The fittings that come in the kit are the right size for a ZD30 motor.

Regards

Scott
not bad at all.
i would wrap something around that centre pipe at the bottom tho. that may help a lot.
what could happen (i don't know how tight the scrubbers fit in) is the oil/gas goes up the side of the can and bypasses most of the scrubbers.

so the idea of the steel wool is to catch the oil right?? would just using a straight catch can not work?

bryan

you have to have something to catch the oil. a straight can does bugger all.
think of it like trying to stop fog going through while still letting the gas out.

Will probably change the hose down the track but for the time being I have used the hose that "Drift"supply. It's clear so I should be able to see the difference in the inlet and outlet hoses and gauge the effectivness of the setup. I have also since done a second one for the old mans 2000 ZD 30 Patrol. Interesting the different setup on top of the rocker cover and the fact he had a lot less blow by than my nav - possibly due to a smaller right boot:sarcastic:. I think I have talked him into a set of guages and a dawes valve setup as well. Will get to that soon.

Regards

Scott

The spigots that push into the pipe are 15mm OD from memory. The thread is metric I think but it screwed into a 3/8 BSP fitting (the brass fitting in the pic). I used some hydraulic pipe sealant to make sure it sealed and wont vibrate loose. Then tapped a thread to match into the ally pipe.

regards

Scott

Latest posts

Back