Dpf removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it is. Quite apart from that, DPF removal is illegal in many (most?) countries. Definitely so for Australia and I'd be very surprised if it's not so in NZ. if you completely remove the DPF it's really obvious to anyone, say a cop, who cares to look under your car. There are better ways.

Hey Pete, as @OldManBeard has mentioned, without the dpf in place its very obvious that something is missing - extra lines and heater shields and the such.. I never had the dpf so won't comment but id imagine with a new exhaust ( without the dpf) it would be very similar to major dpf problems - @Old.Tony has highly recommended another forum member and his replacement sensors - i think they just tell the ecu to stop the need for the burner cycle..

I'm probably in the other camp. A non-functioning DPF is very obvious by a black tail pipe. A replacement exhaust can mean removal of everything associated with the DPF including the pressure lines, exhaust pressure sensor etc. Electrical connector is pushed back through the floor and a blind grommet installed. The plug will still be under the bonnet for the pressure sensor although it may be floating around unused on the Non-DPF models anyway? I'm not sure about NZ but some autos and most (if not all?) the manual models in Aust were not fitted with a DPF.
A remap is required if physically removing the DPF although I have read stories of people saying they didn't and had no issue. In addition to using Auggie's sensors on a gutted DPF, I think that it's also possible to use them on a full replacement exhaust if bungs are installed, but that would be a dead giveaway, on even a casual glance.

I'm probably in the other camp. ..

No, No.. i think we are on the same side of the arguement:) maybe i just didn't put enough info down..
i was only meaning that if you were to replace an exhaust that has a dpf with one without the dpf, the sensors will be a necessity for normal operation. Id be all for exhaust upgrades like you said.
i mentioned the hollowing out as that's what I've heard done from other members

Back