DPF light on limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjsestro

Reaction score
Have a D40 Navara 2008. Stuck in limp mode. The DPF light is on. Not sure what to do next. Thinking DPF delete. Anyone on the Northside of Brisbane can help me out.

The usual story here is either the DPF needs a forced regen (done by Nissan, takes a couple of hours and is so strenuous that you need an oil change afterwards) OR your DPF sensors are on the way out (this happened to me). Replacing the sensors with factory ones might leave you in the same predicament as before. Replacing them with some from auggie (a user on this forum) will likely resolve the problem as long as the DPF isn't blocked. If it IS blocked, you can either replace it ($4K from Nissan, or try one from a wrecker), hollow yours out (a 2kg hammer and a cold chisel is required, plus a box of bandaids for when you miss the chisel and get the fingers holding the chisel) or get the DPF Delete pipe.

You might also check up on the left hand guard beside the ABS unit is a small black box with two rubber hoses connected to it. These rubber hoses connect to two metal pipes that head down under the car. Those metal pipes are simply connected to the exhaust before and after the DPF. If one of the hoses has broken or come loose, the little black box - which just compares the pressure from each hose - will report to the ECU that the DPF is faulty. You might get away with it cheaply!

Good luck with it.

Similar to bjsestro posted above I have a D40 Navara 2007 stuck in limp mode, the DPF light is on. I been on several D40 forums and done ALL the usual tricks to clear the DPF warning light and more importantly get the effing thing out of limp mode.
1.Used my CReader to check error codes (none).
2. Did the 'Peddle Dance' (3s wait, 5 pumps, 10s wait etc etc)
3. Taken the terminals from the battery and shorted them with a small jumper wire to dissipate any residual voltage in the ECU
4. When running momentarily flicked the ignition key off and on, again to reset the ECU.
5. Checked the SCV, recently changed out the vacuum hoses due to them being perished, no joy there.
My primary question is: How do I get this out of Limp Mode in order for me to give it a blat on the freeway to regen the DPF and a heavy dose of DPF cleaner via the tank.
Any suggestions would be very welcome
Colin

Any mechanical workshop should have a code reading device that can also clear the codes. The DPF code is not stored in the usual code area so a reset will not clear it. You need the tool for that.

Do you have a mate who works at a mechanic's? I'd be having a quiet word to him.

Thanks mate, I guessed that this may be the only way forward. I'll update the forum of the eventual outcome should this help others.

I have had issues with going into limp mode , ute always went back to full power after changing faulty components , the dash warnings disappeared .. Removing code is not going to get the car back to normal. found following info Most codes will reset after a number of drive cycles. A drive cycle includes starting and driving the car for a minimal distance and shutting it off.

i dont know if yours has a crank angle sensor ... if that is a problem i dont remember if it is registered by a code .. mine was at the rear of the engine and got a smack from something - d22 ,,, cant be anymore help than that but it could be a clue or just a course of elimination

Latest posts

Back