DPF and Cat Deletion in a D40 Series 2 and 3 Diesel Auto – No White Smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gus here's one for you.

My DPF light has just come on. How can it tell if the DPF is blocked and needs a burn off if 1- the DPF is gone, and 2- if the pressure sensor is unpluged??
I still haven't connected the pressure tubes back to sensor yet. Could this be why the light has come on?
I used to be able to tell when the light was going to come on because the ute would feel sluggish in power on take off (this was before the chip-it chip went on).
I will go for a bit of a drive on the weekend and see what happens.
Whats your thoughts?
Mal

Roo systems say's they have their exhaust, Dump to tail with DPF delete, n chip doesn't throw DPF at all. Not sure how they do it.

Gus
No mate I don't have the original dump pipe or cat. I had the "Roo Systems" 3" exhaust and dump pipe put on ages ago and well before I put the "Chip-it" chip and delete race pipe on. This is the main reason I put the race pipe on because the DPF was all ways getting blocked and needed to have the squirt of diesel and a big drive to clear it. Now I have had to unplug the presure sensor so it would stop the squirt of diesel and thats why I was looking to rearrange the tubes back to the presure sensor as you suggested so I could plug it back in and have no CEL on the dash.
I'm going to have a look at the MAF sensor today as Tony mentioned. I will go for a bit of a drive as well. Most of my driving is around the city and I only live 5mins from work.

jjohn
Maybe they have changed something in their new systems?? I got mine over a year ago. Maybe with their chip and exhaust system they have some how made this work?

I have noticed a small drop in take of response/power.
I'll see how i go and let you guys know.
Mal

Gus
No mate I don't have the original dump pipe or cat. I had the "Roo Systems" 3" exhaust and dump pipe put on ages ago and well before I put the "Chip-it" chip and delete race pipe on. This is the main reason I put the race pipe on because the DPF was all ways getting blocked and needed to have the squirt of diesel and a big drive to clear it. Now I have had to unplug the presure sensor so it would stop the squirt of diesel and thats why I was looking to rearrange the tubes back to the presure sensor as you suggested so I could plug it back in and have no CEL on the dash.
I'm going to have a look at the MAF sensor today as Tony mentioned. I will go for a bit of a drive as well. Most of my driving is around the city and I only live 5mins from work.

jjohn
Maybe they have changed something in their new systems?? I got mine over a year ago. Maybe with their chip and exhaust system they have some how made this work?

I have noticed a small drop in take of response/power.
I'll see how i go and let you guys know.
Mal

Mal

Your problem lies with the aftermarket dump pipe and cat only. Rather than write heaps and heaps explaining why please PM me your mobile number and I'll explain it to. In short though, put your factory dump and cat back in but keep the chip and DPF delete and your problems will go away.

Gus

PM sent.

Ok I took the MAF sensor out and gave it a clean with contact cleaner. This fixed the take off responce issue.
I went for a bit of a drive but the DPF light was still on. When I got home i plugged in the presure sensor and the light went off. So everything is normal exept the CEL which hopefully I can fix with the presure sensor pipes being joined together as we have been talking about earlier.
Mal

Mal

Not having your factory cat within the dump pipe will continue to cause some issues.

My experience is that when the ECU squirts some diesel in to 'condition the cat' it expects a given reading from the O2 sensor. Aftermarket cats do not give the required reading so the ECU continues to squirt more diesel in.

The result is the 'white smoke' (and higher EGTs). If you don't address it by driving at higher speeds for a period of time (i.e. 80kph) the DPF light will eventually come on - I know this because I continued to drive around town to find out what would happen. I then drove the ute long a freeway for a few ks and the light went out.

BH

I have conected one of the tubes back in to the sensor unit so there should be no pressure difference and I have pluged the wires back in to the sensor. Lets see what happens.

Possibly a dozen different threads I could have posted this too, but I'll throw it in this one.

Just a reminder for those of us with Series 2 and 3 diesel autos, if you are going to chip your D40 then you need to also install the DPF delete.

Met a couple yesterday from NT at my local dealership who had chipped their 2008 D40 in order to tow their 'van. Anyway the extra fuel blocked up the DPF, a forced regen was done and away they went, only to reblock it again within 30 mins. Back to dealership, this time a new DPF was fitted ($4000) and the chip was disconnected.

Ok, well it's been about 2 months and about 5000kms and I haven't had any white smoke, CEL lights or DPF burn lights come on. So far so good. I will post if anything happens.
Mal

Just an update for those interested.

2 -3 weeks ago I cleaned my MAF sensor due to a little lost of take off power. It wasn't that dirty. I didn't clean it like i did the first time, I rushed it a bit and I didn't go for a long drive after. The next day I had the white smoke come back. Went for a big drive to clean the exhaust out.
Saturday morning just gone I had white smoke again. So I took the MAF out and gave it another good clean and this time and I went for a long drive after. I did notice that the exhaust temps were 100deg higher that normal ( probably due to the extra fuel getting burt off).
I will see what happens next. There were still no CEL or DPF lights coming on.
The next move will be taking the dump pipe off and putting the factory CAT back on.
Mal

since about 5 months ago :)

Its a ECU out job and writting directly to the board as you cannot program via OBD on these as yet. But it works well and we can turn off the EGR and give it a performance tune at the same time we are in there.

$1599

I need it for 10 days. I need to pull out a seq number from the Chip and order a part in from Sweden. Once that part arrives I can get into the guts of the file and edit it. I can do EGR OFF, DPF OFF and a performance tune for that price.

If anyone needs the package deal (ie with DPF Delete pipe) I will make the pipe $100.00 less as a forum deal

Latest posts

Back