Doors slapping on hitting bumps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickyjoe

Reaction score
Does anyone else experience this? I have lifted the front, fitted a arb bullbar and side steps. My car is a Thai d22. It's kinda frustrating, someone might have an answer? Rear springs?

i also have had a similar problem. 1st it was the drivers door and i tried the electrical tape pidea and it worked a treat. on the weekend at LCMP the passenger door started rattling then after a few minutes of high speed corrugations it was gone. no idea why or how it started and how it fixed itself but meh it doesn't rattle.

goodluck
Rusty

Just another rattle on a D22, nissan adjusted my strikers on my 2011 Thai D22 and it barley changed... So I invested in a $2500 stereo, fixes all rattles.

Hmm mine hasnt got this yet hopefully the japanese did a better job and it doesnt happen :D unlikely but heje

scottybobcat said:
I have an 03 jap built navara and never had a problem. I think this is why they are building them back in Japan because of all the problems they had with Thai buil modeld

Not true. They are now being built in Thailand again. Only moved to Japan due to stock issues.

Rescue tape on the striker fixed mine
Why do rear door strikers have a plastic cover and front don't?

yeah i was gonna say afjust the striker plate or possibly the door rubbers have compressed. Cheered me up tho this thread, my 2004 c/c still pops my ears and takes extra effort to shut the door when both windows are wound up. mmmmm well sealed.

Not true. They are now being built in Thailand again. Only moved to Japan due to stock issues.

Pretty sure it's due to all the floods they had in thailand, production was moved to japan to keep up with the sales. From what i know, the recent jap models are coming out with a lot of small misc faults due to being under pressure and express building to keep up production.

Hodge said:
Pretty sure it's due to all the floods they had in thailand, production was moved to japan to keep up with the sales. From what i know, the recent jap models are coming out with a lot of small misc faults due to being under pressure and express building to keep up production.

Stock issues are due to the floods yes. No problems on my end with the jap built ones..

well i've got a 03 nav and the front doors rattle when hitting bumps as well. the problem that i have found with mind is that the door hinges for fogged out. i'm going to get them replaced next week so i hope that will fix it.

The bushes on the main hinge pins wear out reasonably quickly and cannot be replaced. You can test this by all but closing the door and check the up an down movement. As far as I know the only solution is complete hinge replacement.

SORRY...YES it does happen on the JAP built models....mines an '08 and it does...tho I'm not convinced its the striker plate as mine shows absolutely NO signs of wear.
I do know that the seat belt buckles on the left side bang on the pillars while driving on the corries..

Happy days...

The bushes on the main hinge pins wear out reasonably quickly and cannot be replaced. You can test this by all but closing the door and check the up an down movement. As far as I know the only solution is complete hinge replacement.

dont know about that one......my first drive was up to Shepparton then down to Mansfield...Jamieson then to Eildon....the first time I got the dredded rattle was on the Eildon Jammi road...didnt have 1000k on the clock....?????

For some time now ( about 3 years) I've had a rattle on my drivers doors....progressively getting worse but only rears it head on corrugated roads.....or at least until recently when it even happens on the bitumen now. Anyway...I can 99% put it down to the door hinge pin bushes being flogged out. I ordered a set from Thailand off ebay and have had them for some time now...just procrastinating putting them in 'coz I suspect it's gonna be a 2 man job and / or I don't want to be unable to drive my car if I can't finish it in a day for some stupid reason. ( I think it's illegal to drive around without a front door )
I can open the door and lift it up and down...lifting from the extremity of the door ...heaps of play. Pretty sure it ain't got anything to do with the striker plate. Oh...sparra04....my front door striker has plastic...I suspect your's has just worn off.
Anyway...does anyone have any tips or advice on the replacement of the hinge pins / bushes.....eg...is there any grinding, is it a 2 man job, any tricky procedures to worry about?
Any dramas popping the old ones out usually?
P.s....Anyone know what's the quickest way to determine where my vehicle was made? I suspect it was made in Thailand.....it's got May 2005 on it and its a Navara D22 ZD3.0 manual.
Cheers if anyone can help out on these couple of things.

Latest posts

Back