Door won't open

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuda

Reaction score
The other day while out shopping my wife reported that the rear door (passenger side) would not open. I opened it from the inside and this worked for the rest of the day. The next day I started to investigate, only this time the door would not open from either outside or inside. I have remover the door panel and all the cables seem to be ok and I can't find anything broken. Has anyone else had this problem, is there a way to get the door open from the inside (while the door is closed?)
Cheers.

Just a suggestion, but maybe try lifting the door as you open it (not easy to do). If it opens like this, then the door has sagged on it's hinges. Not an easy fix if this is the case.

I've seen it as a common fault where the handles get hard to open and need a good yank.

My little bloke struggles sometimes with the rear drivers door, I can open it easily but he needs to throw a fair bit of weight into it.

One day I'll pull it all apart and re-grease it all.

If you've got central locking, does it unlock properly? Should give a clunk and the lock thingy should move, indicating the actuator is alright. If not and you've got the trim off it should be easy enough to do via the push rods?

with one of my cars it was brocken plastic connector part of the actuating mechanism at the lock. if its central locking try puting power to the solonoid and see if it moves

Sorry about the delay in getting back to the forum. The problem was the cable from the outside handle. Somehow I had managed to apply the child safety lock on the door when fiddling around with it. Is it worth just replacing the cable or should I just get a complete door lock mechanism (on eBay for about $177) which would include 2 new cables?
Cheers,
Cuda.

Latest posts

Back