Door problem cannot open from outside

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azzri

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a problem with the door on driver side, I can open the door from inside and outside.

When I go out and lock using the remote all the door will be locked...but when I try to unlock... all the door can be open except the drive door... I need to open it from inside ... anyone can assist?

Thanks

It sounds like the solenoid in the driver's door isn't doing the job properly. There are a number of possibilities.

1) The solenoid isn't getting enough power (not likely)
2) The solenoid has a fault and can't move in the "unlock" direction as easily as it can in the other (example, the arm is bent or out of its guide)
3) The connector from the solenoid to the rod in the door is slipping or the rod is bending
4) The locking mechanism has dirt/debris in it and is sticky in one direction

When you pull on a steel rod (something about as thick as a coathanger) the other end is almost guaranteed to move exactly as far as you pull, because steel rods are good in tension. However, if you push on that rod, the rod might flex a little, and the other end may not move as far.

Just to share that when i used the key to locked, it can. But cannot use the same key to unlocked back. Maybe the reason as you highlighted. Thanks Tony

When you "use the key", exactly what do you mean? I can't use my actual key to unlock my driver's door, because my driver's door has no physical opening to insert a key. On my car, the only place to insert a key is hidden behind a plastic cap on the front passenger door. So what I do is "press the remote on my key" to unlock the door(s). Is that what you do?

Or do you insert the key into a lock and turn it? If this is what you do, the issue with the rods bending is less likely.

For mine, only the driver door has the key slot, by using the key I can lock the door but cannot unlock it using the key from outside. Attached the picture.
20210108_230413.jpg

Ok, the manual for all cars up to 2014 (a major change after 2010, I don't know how old yours is, I guess it's newer but then this isn't something they might have changed) shows that the key cylinder is attached to the locking mechanism by a metal rod, and the door handle connected to the lock mechanism by a separate cable to the inner door handle. The rod may be bent or inhibited by something.

It's time to take the inner skin off the door and take a look, I guess.

Latest posts

Back