DOMINATOR SERIES Rail and Injector Modules NOW AVAILABLE

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip Tuning

Reaction score
EXCITING PRODUCT RELEASE

BEST DIESEL PERFORMANCE MODULE EVER RELEASED

We now have a full range of diesel chip technologies available. Our new product includes a combination of Rail and Injector Performance Module called the DOMINATOR Series.

This product now provides customers with a very special type of Performance Module.

There are several ways to electronically increase power in modern diesels. Not all methods are equally efficient. There are pros and cons with each however with the DOMINATOR get the best of both worlds :).

This offers increased performance without affecting reliability as benefits of both systems allow unique tuneability for your vehicle.

Other brands only offer single function technology (Rail or Injector tuning).

The DOMINATOR range of Diesel Performance Modules features include Fuel Rail signal retuning and Injector Signal emulation with Electronic Boost Control and an optional Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) interface.

The DOMINATOR development and production is conducted in-house , as are all Chip It Modules, with engineers and technical support staff based here. This ensures you’re dealing with a company that not only has an excellent understanding and knowledge of diesel electronic systems and ECUs, but actually develops and manufactures them, not just a reseller of imported overseas systems. like every other branded Chip or Module sold in Australia.

This NEW DOMINATOR Performance Module adds some serious grunt to your 4WD whist keeping all safety parameters in check.

One of the great features of our product is post-sale support. Should the need arise you’re able to contact us and have us remotely tune your chip.

All you have to do is email us with your symptoms and we'll come up with a specially-tuned program for your vehicle. This service is free of charge.

Other Chip companies often tell you to use a different, less extreme tune option rather than giving the ability to tune out the undesirable part of the tune. This gives the greatest flexibility and tune customisation available anywhere. No other provider can match this.

There’s also tuning flexibility that you can manage from home. With the latest Dominator Series range of Diesel Chips you’re able to change your tune settings using a tune selector indicator on the Module simply by rotating a switch that flashes the new program and makes it ready for use.

Whether you’ll be towing your camper trailer, pulling up hill or simply want more power, the Chip It diesel chip will make your diesel go harder and better.

We also offer a full 30 day money back guarantee that if the Diesel Chip fails to perform in the manner advertised you can return it for your money back.

DOMINATOR Retail Price is $1599 or $1750 with EGT Control

FORUM DISCOUNTS OF 10% ARE EXTENDED TO FORUM MEMBERS ONLY BY EMAILING [email protected] WITH YOUR PURCHASING DETAILS INCLUDING NAME, ADDRESS, TEL AND VEHICLE DETAILS.

As always, all of our packages can be ordered with an OBD2/Scan Tool, giving you the ability to monitor your engine’s sensors, functions and Check Engine Lights. This provides total peace of mind.

When ordered with a Chip package the scanner comes down to $100.00

PICS COMING SOON

Last edited:
About the price: The 10% forum special always applies to the Chip itself, not the options.

So $1599 - 10% = $1455

PLUS EGT Control $151.00 plus $25.00 Freight

Dominator with Boost and EGT Control is only $1631.00 for forum members

What's the total price for a d40st?

Re tunes, errrr ... we have 32 different tunes available on this Module ! :rambo:

Its a combination of rail and Injector tuning you get heaps of options to try on your vehicle for a unique tune that suits the vehicle well. Ie if you have too much smoke all through the rev range, try backing off JUST the injector Tuning. If you want better ramp into power from low end rev range, increase both rail and injector emulation. Want some more, add more injector. If too much bring back the injector tune and add some more rail.

It really is super versatile so you can find a happy medium for power and economy.

The Chip is completely different from the previous model. We were not releasing this model till late 1st quarter 2013 but I have got a few as pre release for forum members Yes, we have made it all in a water proof case.

Hope this helps

What is the advantage of this over your previous one I spoke to you about last week?

No worries, I had a chat with you last week chasing delivery times as I was heading off on a trip.

Will be in touch, but to clarify the old chip only does fuel pressure and this new one does both?

Re tunes, errrr ... we have 32 different tunes available on this Module ! :rambo:

Its a combination of rail and Injector tuning you get heaps of options to try on your vehicle for a unique tune that suits the vehicle well. Ie if you have too much smoke all through the rev range, try backing off JUST the injector Tuning. If you want better ramp into power from low end rev range, increase both rail and injector emulation. Want some more, add more injector. If too much bring back the injector tune and add some more rail.

It really is super versatile so you can find a happy medium for power and economy.

The Chip is completely different from the previous model. We were not releasing this model till late 1st quarter 2013 but I have got a few as pre release for forum members Yes, we have made it all in a water proof case.

Hope this helps

Does it come with the fancy case like in the picture, if so I'm selling the old and in with the new lol. ;) either way I'm still buying.

Ok so the product sounds good but I'm a little confused on the company stuff. Has ChipIt changed there name to Chip Tuning as there is nothing about the Dominator on the ChipIt site and can only find the Dominator on a Chip Tuning Site.

I have the ChipIt module in my d22 2.5L what does this product do over the standard unit.?

We are running a separate name here in Sydney which also caters for Factory ECU re-programming for extra performance, DPF OFF and EGR OFF for both Petrol and Diesels. I called it Chip Tuning to save confusion.

Chip It Sydney is running under this banner.

Chip It Perth are not doing petrols or Factory ECU reprogramming so it will remain as Chip It.

Since I look after the new place I am also employing a new site admin guy and he is adding stock quicker than Perth does. Since Sydney exclusively deal with forums (hence why you cannot get 10% forum discount from Perth) we had pre release stock of the Dominator Chips

The new Dominator Chip will add another tuning parameter to the standard Chip. The injector control will allow us to add fuel without increasing the rail chip parameters to a very high level. Even though we have not found high numbers to be an issue we know that having another tuning ability gives us more to play with.

Another good reason is that is we can keep the rail pressures lower than what would necessarily be needed with the rail tuning only the fuel pressure limiter would need doing. With the Dominator Chip now the fuel pressure limiter will not need to be done to get very high performance from the engine. This saves some work in fitting the hi spec limiter we provided.

And this helps customers.

NB the hi spec fuel limiter is still supplied for free with the Dominator Series but you would need to be chasing extreme torque (or need to since your factory spring is really weak) to warrant fitting the Chip It supplied Limiter.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Robert

Ok so the product sounds good but I'm a little confused on the company stuff. Has ChipIt changed there name to Chip Tuning as there is nothing about the Dominator on the ChipIt site and can only find the Dominator on a Chip Tuning Site.

I have the ChipIt module in my d22 2.5L what does this product do over the standard unit.?

Isn't that what a steinbauer does though? holds the injector open longer instead of say a DP chip which ups the pressure and can cause issues? forgive me if I am being ignorant here just trying to read between the lines, as you said it does both rail pressure and opening time but one of those parameters is something that can cause issues in a few motors ie: I read on new.hilux that DP chips which increase rail pressure tend to send the 1KD into limp mode when you put your foot down which is why all the guys there recommend steinbauer plus a few stories of pistons with holes and $15k repair bills.

hopefully that makes sense?

I think your right rustynav I dont think it is chipit,it,s another company?

Isn't that what a steinbauer does though? holds the injector open longer instead of say a DP chip which ups the pressure and can cause issues? forgive me if I am being ignorant here just trying to read between the lines, as you said it does both rail pressure and opening time but one of those parameters is something that can cause issues in a few motors ie: I read on new.hilux that DP chips which increase rail pressure tend to send the 1KD into limp mode when you put your foot down which is why all the guys there recommend steinbauer plus a few stories of pistons with holes and $15k repair bills.

hopefully that makes sense?

A lot of effort goes into trying to prove the myth that tuning via rail pressures is bad. This is mainly from those that sell injector Chips or from people that have not studied common rail systems. Granted it does sound ominous "increasing rail pressures" however the common rail system works by this method and gives better results than injector tuning. With the Rail tuning you can gain 30 -40% more power without blowing black smoke. With an injector Tuning Chip you would be only able to achieve 20 25% before you start to blow smoke. As SB say on their website "up to 20% power gain". That's pretty accurate actually. On a fuel rail tuning Chip you can get 50% +. On the Hilux we get 70% increase in torque with a 3" exhaust.

Tuning the common rail system works and the increases that are made are small ... not large.

On the 07 + Hilux', it is not the rail pressure that causes the cars to go into limp. It is the fact that you need to adjust 2 signals and DP only grab one of them. To make the Fuel Rail Chip work on late model Hilux you need to adjust both.

We certainly are NOT having any rail pressure issues. We even test on our cars for a much much higher set of numbers that the retail product would never see. ie we test to see where the limit is and we haven't found it at double the numbers the product comes out with for you. The injector and rail chip offer more flexibility of tuning ... something that a rail only or injector only chip cannot.

Last edited:
I see thanks for the explanation, im about to buy an auto SC chassis hilux in auto hence the question about the D4D 70% torque does sound pretty good :redcool: I'll be putting 33" KM2 tyres on it I think so the extra power would be really good since they run poor diff ratio's for that sort of stuff to begin with.

A lot of effort goes into trying to prove the myth that tuning via rail pressures is bad. This is mainly from those that sell injector Chips or from people that have not studied common rail systems. Granted it does sound ominous "increasing rail pressures" however the common rail system works by this method and gives better results than injector tuning.

so will you guarantee me that increasing fuel rail pressure will NOT harm my common rail or injectors ?
i have personally seen a piston with a hole in crown after the injector tip failed
he was using a chip(not yours) that increases fuel rail pressure
it was a full rebuild at nearly $9k (izuzu dmax)
huge risk without a written guarantee

I see thanks for the explanation, im about to buy an auto SC chassis hilux in auto hence the question about the D4D 70% torque does sound pretty good :redcool: I'll be putting 33" KM2 tyres on it I think so the extra power would be really good since they run poor diff ratio's for that sort of stuff to begin with.

you will be over the moon with the performance ... 100%

so will you guarantee me that increasing fuel rail pressure will NOT harm my common rail or injectors ?
i have personally seen a piston with a hole in crown after the injector tip failed
he was using a chip(not yours) that increases fuel rail pressure
it was a full rebuild at nearly $9k (izuzu dmax)
huge risk without a written guarantee

Sparr, Guaranteed!

BTW the tip failed because it failed. I too have seen and heard of injector tips failing ... no chips installed. Some fail... that's why the manufacturers offer warranty ... because things do fail.

However, from our end, its guaranteed not to stuff pump or injectors.

Remember, if Chips caused issues generally, there would be hundreds or thousands of people complaining and writing on forums of their experience. Simple because their are huge numbers of people around the world using Performance Chips.

Latest posts

Back