Does the D23 have a Diesel Particulate Filter?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what is a passive system'

Rather than having extra diesel injected into the DPF periodically to produce a burn like the old D40 ones (an active system) this set up is a low cell count high flow combined CAT/DPF that lowers the soot oxidation temp and uses the heat generated by the turbo to do a continuous burn just like a normal CAT does.
Because it doesn't require extra heating of the exhaust once the filter gets to a certain flow restriction it is likely to cause a LOT LESS problems for around town cruises and slow 4x4 work.

Once we have to go to Euro 6 you will probably see the return of diesel injection style DPF put back in and or Adblue. ( some European diesel cars like Merc are going Adblue already).

Mazdas passenger vehicles use AdBlue as well, already. Tank gets topped up during a service, unlike trucks that have AdBlue bowsers!
That's probably feasible. The Volvo fh16 trucks at least have around a 120l adblue tank, depending on how much weight you are dragging, they normally do around 3000km to a tank of adblue (roughly 2 fills of diesel). Well the 540hp euro5 12l one I used to drive did anyway. So a small, efficient engine like the mazdas would be fitted with could be topped up during servicing... not sure how the cars are set up, but the volvo trucks at least, derate the engine power and throw an ecu code to say the adblue has run out.

Speaking of servicing, i can't believe the cost! Certainly will never take it to Nissan for a service. Oh and 20,000K between. Pass. Do mine every 10K

what is involved with a service!
Oil and a filter! air cleaner! safety check!
So changing the oil is basically a service.

No grease nipples nothing to adjust, they don't check wheel alignment.
Do a visual inspection gearbox, transfer case, diffs, no sign of oil no leak.

Cant see why these dealers need to charge so much for 2 filters and i think 7lt of oil.

It's hideously expensive because that 7L of oil was dug up by the dealer themselves using their own bare hands, cupping the oil in their palms as they clambered back up the 2km deep shaft, then refined by straining it through the hairs of two dozen blonde nymphs. I'm still trying to get photos.

I am a little concerned about getting pics of how they make tranny oil, so I'm not asking.

It's hideously expensive because that 7L of oil was dug up by the dealer themselves using their own bare hands, cupping the oil in their palms as they clambered back up the 2km deep shaft, then refined by straining it through the hairs of two dozen blonde nymphs. I'm still trying to get photos.

I am a little concerned about getting pics of how they make tranny oil, so I'm not asking.

:wristy:Some things are better left unanswered.

To be safe I'd use JASO-FD probably leaning towards a partial if not full synthetic.

Here's a couple from SCA - Penrite HPR, semi synthetic 10L for $97.88. Also consider Castrol Edge fully synthetic 5L for $74.69 (or about $150 for 10L).

Fully synethetic is generally more favourable but Penrite isn't your ordinary oil.

Im helping a ecu remap company tomorrow as he is going to see if he has the protocols to retune the ecu and hopefully do a dpf delete. But we will see

I would be keen on dpf delete if it becomes available

There is a DPF eliminator on fleebay , however would you risk using one during your warranty period not to mention if you get pulled over or its noticed at rego time ,then your screwed and would be heading for a date with the EPA in court and youd really be crewed then !

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291624318361

and then youd still have to get a pipe made

http://chiptuning.com.au/products-page/nissan-dpf-delete-pipe/

Marty

Latest posts

Back