DIY - Installation of Remote Exhaust Cut-out

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phunk

Reaction score
As you can see in the attached pic, it was very straight forward.

In all honesty, it remains closed all the time unless I need that extra acceleration as it has definitely improved the throttle response.

The Cat remains in place, so the sound is only a bit bassier with a bit more turbo whistle. Nothing to write home about.

Step 1, measure the length needed to install the pipe (mine was 290mm)

Step 2, cut the gap in the exhaust

Step 3, Install the exhaust cut-out by either welding it in or using 'exhaust connectors / joiners' like I did. Exhaust is 2.5 inch.

Step 4, I ran the cable up through a grommet in the floor pan I found on the passenger side under the passenger seat, then pulled it under the carpet to under the centre console.

Step 5, mounted the Module box to the trans tunnel under the centre console and got +/- from the Cigarette lighter in the Console, It is the Brown+ and Black- wire (can't miss them)

Step 6, enjoy.

Total cost all up was approx $100 AUD and some dirt in the face from grinding the exhaust

Attachments

• 20220119_222601.jpg
    20220119_222601.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Exactly what is its function and why did you do it?

you press a button on the remote and it basically becomes a straight through exhaust bypassing the rest of the pipework and rear muffler.

the cut out is a Y pipe with one of the sides closed off by a flap, the flap opens and then just vents exhaust directly out.

Main reason I did it was to help the sluggish bottom end these things have (yd25) when I'm loaded up in the tray. It definitely becomes more responsive.

I may or may not do a high flow cat, but not sure how much difference it'll make on a 2.5 diesel

OK, what we used to call a de-corking system, except we used to do that with a mechanical lever. More than once I was asked what the second "gear level" in my sedan was for.

it's a little more snazzier these days with the click of a garage door remote looking button :)

Latest posts

Back