Digital speed display

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
I'm not sure where I read it but I remember someone saying about wanting a digital speed read out well if you watch this wee clip and at the 34sec mark you'll see in the centre screen what looks like a digital speed display. So it possibly can be done.

[YT]v=P-qJP1RUIVg[/YT]

Last edited:
I have a feeling this isnt an aussie spec car. Also showing on the digital display is the seat belt warning lights which mine doesn't show either. Im very sure we can't display the digital speed but it was mentioned on another post that you can hook up a computer test tool that shows the speed electronically. It would simply be a reprogram needed but whether that will happen is any bodies guess. Also on another post shows the European spec to have an arial view to assist in parking. Wish we had that here.

I realized that but chances are if it is available in the ecu setup for other models it should be programable for ours.

As for the overhead view i would presume that is done on the stereo not the dash.

Sorry to flog an old horse but this picture is from an euro spec NP300 so your dash should be able to be reprogramed to give a digital speed display.

attachment.php

Hey guys, I took my NP300 for a service the other day and got the free loan car. It happened to be the new V6 petrol X-Trial.

This vehicle seemed to have the same type of computer screen as my NP300, but it has a digital speedo option, and also in the top right of the screen it had an outside temperature display in Celsius!

Can someone out there crack the computer so we can get both these features in our NP300’s (C’Mon Nissan)!!

Hey guys, I took my NP300 for a service the other day and got the free loan car. It happened to be the new V6 petrol X-Trial.

This vehicle seemed to have the same type of computer screen as my NP300, but it has a digital speedo option, and also in the top right of the screen it had an outside temperature display in Celsius!

Can someone out there crack the computer so we can get both these features in our NP300’s (C’Mon Nissan)!!

Not sure where you got a V6 Xtrail from, as there is no such thing.
Re the display, we have tried the temp sensor from an Xtrail in the the plug on an STX and it doesn't work.
The Xtrail also has digital radio with the same stereo as STX so we are thinking it is all programable...

Not sure where you got a V6 Xtrail from, as there is no such thing.
Re the display, we have tried the temp sensor from an Xtrail in the the plug on an STX and it doesn't work.
The Xtrail also has digital radio with the same stereo as STX so we are thinking it is all programable...

Where is the plug hiding?

There is a plug on the lower radiator support t wards the passenger side with a blanking plug in it. It does fit a temp sensor out of a T32 Exy but nothing comes up on the dash, not sure if a program needs doing but it didn't work with a T32 temp sensor.
You have to pull the grill out to get to the plug easier

There is a plug on the lower radiator support t wards the passenger side with a blanking plug in it. It does fit a temp sensor out of a T32 Exy but nothing comes up on the dash, not sure if a program needs doing but it didn't work with a T32 temp sensor.
You have to pull the grill out to get to the plug easier

Cool thanks I'll have a play.

I had looked around that area for a plug but wasn't sure if the one I found was the right one as it looked to have a sensor in already. I'll look harder.

I presume you tried resetting the dash and/or stereo once fitted. Remember with the earlier D40's you had to pull the fuse for the dash ecm once you fitted the temp sender to get it to work.

The plug is only fitted to ST-X models, ST and RX dont have the plug.

There is a plug already in the plug but it is just a blanking plug, to stop water and dust getting to it.

Haven't done a dash reset so maybe worth another shot

Hey fellas. The U.K. Spec Np300 Tekna (top of range), has a digital speedo, really nice feature. I'm no computer expert but you'd think the option to have it would be in there somewhere !! I keep it on that view apart from when I have the kids with me, they've started telling me off now they know the limits, as soon as I'm 1 mph over they start shouting LOL.

Hi all, this may help, I purchased a Beuler digital temperature meter with remote sensor found on eBay (see photo). Took awhile to find a supplier that would sent to Aus. I have fitted this to my car a couple of weeks ago. Took about 90 minutes to install. Placed outside sensor behind front number plate ( I have nudge bar) works fine for me. Read product reviews, they give more tips on placement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back