Decals, graphics vinyl wraps... show us what you got or what you've seen and liked...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been a while

Reaction score
Howdy all, as the title states, I'm looking for ideas to "pretty up" the Ute...
Nothing to colourful, basically black on white with touches of dark charcoal "the same colour as the new canvas cover"...

I'm tired of looking at white panels and are thunking of hitting the ol'girl with some graphics, i like the bold stuff they are doing on the latter models and are thinking about a bonet stripe..... lol, stop it! it's to cover the shonky colour match on the scoop! No Herbie jokes either smartarses ;)
I also want to cover the original door decals too, as "we" all know they are impossible to remove, and I'm a Sign writer, trust me- they're a swine to remove!

I'm thinking of trying to black out the stainless on the snorkel, some transparent black wrap would make it look like black crome and I'd love to Anodized the Alloy bumper black too... Anyone know of a anodized bull bar? I think it would look trick! Oooo imagine the alloy side panels Anodized - niocee... ahhh I can dream! Moving on ;)

If your unit has some graphics I'd like to see it, all ideas welcome, show us some pics...

Thinking something like this.

It's for a single cab so you'd move the graphics over the rear door forward... Then lower the "Nissan" further down the door...

I think you'd need a black bull bar to pull this off though???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210429-090456_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210429-090456_Chrome.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 68
This, but it needs the skull facing upwards and navara laid over the top in a positive negative format.
Not to high up on the door and positioned to cover, "on drivers side" -the left lower corner of the door, B pillar, rocker panel/sill up to the front guard...

Maybe ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210429-091340_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210429-091340_Google.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 37
This,,, use from the front door on only, with NAVARA or NISSAN over the top In the positive negative format.. You could even leave the little section of red in the lower left corner of the door.... What is grey in this pic would be black with touches of charcoal throughout. Maybe! ;) yes I'm board....

The decals on the front gaurd would tie in with the Black on the gaurd flares, it would make the wheel arches look huge!

Or maybe the grey would work with touches of black???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210429-092702_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210429-092702_Google.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 32
Bonet strip. Obviously change wording to Nissan Navara and the 4x4 to ZD30, use the same red used on the doors.

End the stripe like it's shown here just aftre the I.C scoop... put Nissan or navara down the sides of the scoop in white or red and not add the 4x4 or ZD30??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210429-094412_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210429-094412_Chrome.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 33
I too have been thinking of this as my paint is fading, but panels are still pretty good. Also thought about the Raptor rubber paint stuff
The question is how will it look after a few branches slide down the body and how repairable it will be?
Any experience anyone?

I too have been thinking of this as my paint is fading, but panels are still pretty good. Also thought about the Raptor rubber paint stuff
The question is how will it look after a few branches slide down the body and how repairable it will be?
Any experience anyone?
That's why I was thinking of using vinyl, easy to replace and repair and if you get board with it you can change it... good for covering scratches and those Carpark dents too... it's like camo, scratch a panel, add some camo ;)

If I had the means I'd mask and spray it, but vinyl is easier... I can cut this out by hand once I purchase the vinyl.. The I.C scoop Will have to be sprayed satin black to match the vinyl but that's no issue.. Vinyl is cheap and it's only my time, so if it looks crap it's no big loss, rip it off and try another...

That's cool, so it's pretty easy to remove with a few tears in it then?
I would like to try it but don't want to have it looking worse after a drive through some narrow tracks. Or have to dick around too much with redoing it 😣

That's cool, so it's pretty easy to remove with a few tears in it then?
I would like to try it but don't want to have it looking worse after a drive through some narrow tracks. Or have to dick around too much with redoing it 😣
You need my special camo deal then ;) I love camo...

Have you seen my camper trailer? I had it colour matched to the Ute, alllll nice and white... right! Well 8 years in QLD sun,,rain and salt air fixed that paint job and i wasnt going to spend time and money painting it white again soooooo camo'ed it!
Cut out a few paper stencils a few hundred colour bond pressure packs and job done.. I need camo flys for it now...

Old Jayco still used today.. great unit, low height, leight weight aaaand cheap... it gets used yearly, lived in it in QLD for 2 years ;) madness huh

I've raised it "axle swap" and put bigger rims on the old girl so she has a little but of clearance, but because it so low you can get it up tracks you can't with a caravan, I did rainbow tin can etc in this old unit- I think they call it skull dragging lol
It's great on the freeways, just sits there! Easy to back since I lengthened the draw bar, it's a great old unit...

better now though huh lol go the camo....

Attachments

• 20210430_093045.jpg
    20210430_093045.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hey Mate, sometimes just blending in is best! :LOL:with a white ute and all.. but then again - life's to short to be boring..
GO THE CAMO !

i don't have anything valuable to add to the thread but i did see this the other arvo and had a good old laugh
20210427_141305.jpg

HAPPY FRIDAY !

Hey Mate, sometimes just blending in is best! :LOL:with a white ute and all.. but then again - life's to short to be boring..
GO THE CAMO !

i don't have anything valuable to add to the thread but i did see this the other arvo and had a good old laugh
View attachment 35182

HAPPY FRIDAY !
Lol classic, I love that stuff... I was thinking of putting the old "when I grow up I want to be a patrol" sticker on mine somewhere ;) or where it has the original Navara logo on the door replace that with "wannabe patrol" ...

Mannn I'd love to do it camo, but its to good for that, you'd have to do the tarp and tray to make it look the part... I was thinking of the urban camo look, being that its all blacks and Grey's and would tie in with a charcoal grey tarp... camo itvjust along the bottom of the doors, the B pillar and down the bonet ... just thinking...

The alloy tray sides make it difficult on what i can use, I think it needs to be something modern or old school stripes, boarders, infill panels etc to get away with the polished alloy look...

I think you could get away with the modern look and keep the alloy tray sides and bull bar.. Don't really know what way I'll go yet...
I wanted to black out the bull bar too but I think that will look odd with the polished alloy tray sides... So I'm thinking if I coat the bull bar black you'd really need to colour the tray in a dark colour also, but not black, charcoal, charcoal looks more classier ;)

Orrrrr it's 20lt of army green and hit the lot, bring yours round and we'll hit the lot :)

Not these exactly but this is what I mean by old school etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210430-141804_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-141804_Google.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20210430-141630_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-141630_Google.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210430-141746_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-141746_Google.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20210430-141546_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-141546_Google.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 37
Lol classic, I love that stuff... I was thinking of putting the old "when I grow up I want to be a patrol" sticker on mine somewhere ;) or where it has the original Navara logo on the door replace that with "wannabe patrol" ...

Mannn I'd love to do it camo, but its to good for that, you'd have to do the tarp and tray to make it look the part... I was thinking of the urban camo look, being that its all blacks and Grey's and would tie in with a charcoal grey tarp... camo itvjust along the bottom of the doors, the B pillar and down the bonet ... just thinking...

The alloy tray sides make it difficult on what i can use, I think it needs to be something modern or old school stripes, boarders, infill panels etc to get away with the polished alloy look...

I think you could get away with the modern look and keep the alloy tray sides and bull bar.. Don't really know what way I'll go yet...
I wanted to black out the bull bar too but I think that will look odd with the polished alloy tray sides... So I'm thinking if I coat the bull bar black you'd really need to colour the tray in a dark colour also, but not black, charcoal, charcoal looks more classier ;)

Orrrrr it's 20lt of army green and hit the lot, bring yours round and we'll hit the lot :)
Hahaha I'm a bit slow but if it wasn't for the white Ute I would have got lost in Avoca... ahhhummmm yeah the camo works...

Smart arse lol

Here's one for ya mate..
Again, nothing of value and no, it's not a white ute but definetly some food for thought :rofl2:

AGAIN....Go CAMOUFLAGE
images.jpeg-7.jpg

To each their own but the first thing I do to any vehicle is to remove any and all stickers, starting with anything that's providing free advertising for somebody. If I don't want to be looking at white panels all the time I just don't wash it. Simple, practical and really cheap. :D

To each their own but the first thing I do to any vehicle is to remove any and all stickers, starting with anything that's providing free advertising for somebody. If I don't want to be looking at white panels all the time I just don't wash it. Simple, practical and really cheap. :D
Lol, slack arse...

camo is the go... camo wrap mmm mm BUuuut, i don't think you can paint them FULL camo by law, mainly green with a few spots of camo and you might get away with it...

I really want to go the camo but it would mean doing the tray etc a lot of work...
Then again, a "scotch bright wash" and hit it with the spray gun lol thats what camo is all about eh

Here's one for ya mate..
Again, nothing of value and no, it's not a white ute but definetly some food for thought :rofl2:

AGAIN....Go CAMOUFLAGE
View attachment 35190
Lol, we can dream.

What, green camo or urban camo? ... green matches the camper i guess huh

There is a green people are using that l really like... If they make a canvas that matches a green i like i may wrap it...
It will need flares to finish it off.. ; )

Hmmm green, greens nice....

Laws between states vary but it's perfectly legal in Vic. There was a case quite a few years back where a bloke got his car put off the road by the cops because of the matt black paint job. He took it to court and won, with the magistrate letting Vic Police know, in no uncertain terms, that unless they can conclusively prove that a particular paint job created some king of danger, they had no say in it. Hence camo paint on a vehicle is as legal here as wearing camo clothes. There are of course a few restrictions on how far you can go in impersonating a military vehicle.

Latest posts

Back