DC/DC charger ctek , volt issue to charge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tye

Reaction score
Hey all I have a ctek dc/dc charger and my np300 alternator won’t charge the service battery as the crack battery is only pushing at 13vokts cause if the smart alternator not kicking in cause the crank battery is full at 12.7 volts. The ctek kicks in at 14.7 volts to charge but cause the crank battery is full the alternator won’t charge at the rate to start the ctek dv/dc charger to charge the service battery , does anyone know how to sort this out ?? Can you turn off the smarts so tje alternator just charges when the car runs ?? Any help I would appreciate , thanks

I had a ctek d250se dcdc charger in my camper trailer, it had a red wire to connect to ignition if you have a smart alternator.

Hey mate yeah cool , yes I have done that too , the problem is the smart alternator charge fluctuates and cause the solar chargers the starter battery as well there full so the alternator don’t kick in at 14.4 to 7 as it should so the battery won’t charge

From memory there's a green wire attached to the alternator and disconnecting this (don't cut it, try and disconnect it so that it could be reconnected) should disable the smart function.

Sounds like I'm lucky to have an older Nav with a dumb alternator then. Maybe shoot the Ctek tech's a message ?

Back