Dash speaker upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konquest

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone upgraded their dash speakers and still able to put the cover back on? I’ve bought some JL’s but way too big.

What vehicle have you got ? i did mine its a hard job with a D23 as you have to remove the both front window inside trims as they sit on top of the speaker grills , but once removed the grills pull up easily the Tweeters are only about 3cm in diameter and hard to join . onto to original wiring ,,But good luck

I changed my driver side tweeter in my D40 to be the speaker for my uhf. Mainly cause the Tweeters did nothing after I upgraded stereo etc.

Hey Maddo im going to attempt to do the same did you just splice in to the wire somewhere under the dash to connect up

I didn’t do mine in the end, speakers I bought are too big, I don’t know what maddo done but can’t see why you can’t splice into them, that’s what I done with my door speakers.

What speakers are you replacing your tweeters with? I still want to replace mine.

In relation to the dash speaker I removed the tiny tweeter on the drivers side. Then I took a gme uhf external speaker and put it in. Required some modification to fit bit works perfectly. Wiring is still in place. Ran new wires for the uhf speaker.

Ok great i might do the same I was originally looking at upgrading tweeters as im currently looking at what system to go with for stereo upgrade but I think its bit pointless the tweeters so ill use them for cb also then haven't got to have another speaker hanging around somewhere

I put my GME UHF extension speaker under the driver's set attached to the horizontal bar at the front (D40 seat). It is completely out of the way and can be heard quite clearly.

Latest posts

Back