Dash lights staying on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nig

Reaction score
HI GURUS, 08 YD25 Dash lights stay faintly on with key removed, I changed out the Redark isolator for the seccond battery, I fixed the problem for a week, now its back, i was sitting with ignition on acc radio on and noticed these lights on, i flicked the key and they went out, no probs for a few days , somtimes they are very bull, somtimes very bright, pulled fuses , Relays, wire joiners, extras. No luck, its just come back, any help please.need a wizard. Yeah iv noticed if i flick the high beem with ignition off lights will come on, i have to turn the ignition on to turn them off, never realy noticed this syptom before.

Many car owners are facing a strange issue these days. When they turn off the ignition of the car and remove the key, somehow the dashboard lights are still on. It has left many car owners wondering about what could cause this issue. Car experts recommend that if the lights are on even when the key to the ignition is taken out, the majority of times it is an issue with the ignition switch. One of the reasons why dash lights stay on after key is removed includes a short in the control module for the lights.

Faulty ignition switch would have been my first guess. The ex used to have a huge bunch of keys swinging around on her falcon and this caused wear which would see the car just cut out in the middle of the road if they got up too much swing. It is a wear item not many people think about.

I'm going to go "stereo earth". The stereo and the instrument cluster share an earth, and if the stereo isn't pulling earth directly it will pull that through the instrument cluster. Remember that this is still power, it is completing an electrical circuit.

To test it, simply add a wire from the chassis of the stereo to any dash mounting bolt.

Been there bro checked all that has chassis basses earth fitted . If i could work out the correct earth wire on the pin connector i will use this,

Not sure if this helps, but in mine, the stereo earths through the aerial… rats once chewed through this, as it’s buried in the plenum chamber…

Back