Dash Instrument Cluster Lights/Needles On and Off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent009

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a STX V6 and the other day all the lights on my dash instrument cluster turned off. When they go off, everything goes off including the needles so nothing works.

However, I did notice that when parked with handbrake on, the handbrake light shows fine (only thing that shows on dash).

The dash cluster lights/instruments seem to come on and off, although it's gotten worse and mostly off now. When I hit the top of the dash I was able to get the instrument cluster to turn off and on.

Had a mechanic come out and he said it's 100% not a fuse (as with a fuse it's either working or not working...not intermittent). He said it's definitely nothing to do with the battery or battery terminals.

He took the cluster out and checked the wiring and all looked good. He then looked at the circuit board on the back of the cluster to see if he could notice any defects, which he could not. He said the cluster can be replaced with one from the wreckers or repaired...he recommended getting it repaired so he sent it off yesterday. Should have it back in 3 days and they said it will cost around $400.

Just wanted to make sure it's definitely the cluster which is broken? I've heard people talk about earthing etc. but the mechanic was pretty confident it was the cluster. I guess I'll know in a few days.

Had a flat battery recently?

Not quite the same, but when our 2011 R51 Pathfinder got a flat battery, all the gauges and lights stopped after a jump start except to show a code in the display. Vehicle ran fine. Disconnected the battery and it reset and everything is fine again.

Nope, no flat battery.

Mechanic is coming back today to fit the refurbished dash cluster so it must have been something to do with the circuit board after all.

Latest posts

Back