dash electric probs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skidmark

Reaction score
i am still having problems with sat nav unit, i earthed the unit as surgested but still no joy,still not on all the time, when it does work the joystick will only enter commands, but will not scroll left or right, is it fixable, or should i geta new switch panel and satnav unit. Cheers

If you're confident that the unit is getting consistent power then perhaps the unit is shot. Does it have a fuse at the back, and is the fuse good? Remove and reinsert just in case there's oxidisation on the legs of the fuse.

If you're not confident about the power, check the radio fuse as well (same method).

If you're confident that the unit is getting consistent power then perhaps the unit is shot. Does it have a fuse at the back, and is the fuse good? Remove and reinsert just in case there's oxidisation on the legs of the fuse.

If you're not confident about the power, check the radio fuse as well (same method).
do you think the joystick needs replaceing as well, cant tell if thats the problem as well as the unit, also no probs with the fuse.

sorry on not being very clear, the joy stick being part of the two rows of controls ,it will only input up and down, not left or right, is there any way of telling which one is buggered, the switch panel or the unit it self?

A pic of the joystick might help, in my car it's part of the stereo itself so I'd just replace the stereo. If yours is on the steering wheel, it could be the ribbon cable inside (also called a "clock spring" and if you hunt one down on eBay, make SURE you get one for the correct steering side - Aus & UK must have 'R' for right hand drive, others need 'L' for left hand drive).

Latest posts

Back