D40 which fuse?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericcs

Reaction score
06 stx
can anyone tell me which fuse controls the heater/AC/ demister controls. only thing i can get to work is the full speed fan!

Could be the fan speed load resistor. Mine did similar, initially fan stopped on 1, then eventually 2&3 stopped too.

It’s under the glovebox. There’s a thread on here somewhere. It’s a 5min job to pull it out and will probably appear corroded on the blade bit.

yeah, i have a second one on order, 1st replacement only lasted a year i can't get the a/c to turn on on 4, no demister, recirc, or get the right dial to work!
i can't imagine the resistor block would influence that?

I'm not certain if the system checks for fan operation before moving inner doors. If the fan works on 1, 2 or 3, does the rest of the system work when the fan is on 1, 2 or 3? If so, then it's obviously a "check that fan before doing other stuff" in the system and your new resistor pack will fix it.

But if the right hand dial doesn't do anything even if the fan is running on 1, 2 or 3, then we have another problem. Have you pulled the fascia forward and checked the plugs into the switches? They do have locking latches but that doesn't mean they couldn't come undone, especially given the condition of some of our roads! I'm pretty sure you've had yours out before, but if not it's rather easy: pop the little tray out of the top of the dash above the stereo, and you'll find two PH2 Phillips screws. Remove these. The entire centre face then can be pulled towards the rear of the vehicle (just be gentle). While you're there doing this task, it might be a good time to visit Bunnings and get some of that stick-on sponge strip - have a look at the surrounds of your air ducts, I bet the sponge there isn't in great nick now - I know mine isn't, this task is on my to-do list!

Anyway, check the plugs, make sure they're snug. I won't rabbit on about the stereo earth, it's unlikely to affect this. If it still doesn't work there might be some debris in the relays (engine bay) but we'll get to those later.

sorted it Tony, it was that plug on the back of the heater controls that has that has an arm to clamp it down, like on the airbag connectors. didn't plug it in properly. And yes. had to sika both the vents and the hazard button in place as the plastic crumpled where the screws go in. just waiting on the fan resistor now. Still beats me which fuse controls the heat/Ac panel?

I've been jinxed!

Got in my car to come home today and didn't think to touch the aircon controls, just started driving off. Noticed some condensation on the windscreen and looked down to see the fan on speed 2, but A/C light was out. Pressed the button, nothing! Turned the dial to check flow, nothing. Cranked it to fan speed 4 - ahh, working, and look, the A/C light comes on! Back to 3 and it all goes off. Same for 1 - no go.

We've already ordered another fan resistor pack, I'll pull the console apart later to check behind it - but after it stops raining.

I wouldn’t preemptively pull part the console if I were you. My AC controls came adrift at one end and started rattling a bit. When I pulled the dash surround out to fix it I made it into several more pieces than it’s meant to be. Very brittle plastic.

Replace the fan controller first, then investigate behind the dash of the symptoms aren’t gone.

I've been jinxed!

Got in my car to come home today and didn't think to touch the aircon controls, just started driving off. Noticed some condensation on the windscreen and looked down to see the fan on speed 2, but A/C light was out. Pressed the button, nothing! Turned the dial to check flow, nothing. Cranked it to fan speed 4 - ahh, working, and look, the A/C light comes on! Back to 3 and it all goes off. Same for 1 - no go.

We've already ordered another fan resistor pack, I'll pull the console apart later to check behind it - but after it stops raining.
your problem is classic resistor pack failure, so as GMG say's, you shouldn't need to look further. i'm waiting on my second one, but at $20 from china, you get what you pay for. one thing I found from my first chinese ripoff was on P1, it blew as hard as P2 with the original. found that a little annoying!

Mine would not turn on and I replace the resistance pack and it solved the problem. Just last month in fact. My fan would not blow. Bought one from a junk yard.

Latest posts

Back