D40 vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody87

Reaction score
Can anyone help with my 08 d40 problem it's vibrating really bad through dash underneath my seat really bad I've changed gear box mount and the problem is still there it increases more when I put rpms into engine but car is sat still not driving so surely it can't be the prop shaft cuz it vibrates without me driving any ideas

If it's a manual, there might be a broken spring in the dual mass flywheel. I've also heard that the harmonic balancers have had issues from time to time, but there's also the chance that one injector is a little dirty (or even faulty).

In the case where it's a large amount of vibration, I'd probably go to an auto parts supplier and pick up a can of Liqui Moly Diesel Purge. The instructions on the can aren't bad, but Youtube has videos like this one that could help:

It changes gear fine clutch pedal is fine gear stick don't viberate either whatever is causing it to viberate even affects my exhaust system to viberate aswel

Could still be the flywheel. It's attached to the engine not the gearbox, so if the flywheel has a problem it will shake the engine - which shakes the car and the exhaust.

Here's something that might help point to the flywheel: start the car, put it in gear and lightly feather (don't fully engage) the clutch to just start gripping. If the vibration eases off when doing this, it's almost certainly a flywheel issue.

Well after a week or 2 of still driving my d40 the clutch finally gave up on me which to me seems like you was right with the flywheel issue which caused the vibration 700 to be fixed money well spent

You had your clutch done for $700?
Did u fit it yourself
I had to do mine last year, cost $2600
Kit was 1000 or 1200 or something supplied, and had numerous quotes around town for parts kept seeing $1000 plus figures for heavy duty kits on their own, let alone before labour

Latest posts

Back