D40 under seat shelf ideas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karlos_1984

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got a 2011 STX 550 with the rear fold up leather seats. I'm looking to purchase a fridge for camping etc, but all of the fridges I'm considering are too high to fit in the back under my hard cover. I want to see if it'd be possible to make up a shelf that would make use of the rear seat mounting bolts, but could still be fitted with the bottom half of the seat raised and stowed, without having to take the seat out completely, like so many others have done previously.
Ideally, I'd want it behind the drivers seat, (as its the wider of the two) and if possible use some kind of bolt on bracket with a quick release system of some kind (if such a thing exists)
I'd like the shelf to be above the factory floor mounted sub woofer so no weight is on it, but be easily removable without having to undo the seat bolts each weekend, so the rear seats can be folded back down and used once taking the shelf out when not in use.
This does sound a little complicated, but hopefully some ideas on how this could be done will get thrown around. The photo shows the seats up and basically where I'm looking to set this up.

Attachments

• 2011_nissan_navara_st_x_550 seat.jpg
    2011_nissan_navara_st_x_550 seat.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 3,210
Hey Karlos - did you manage to come up with a solution for this. I'm looking to do the same thing in mine.
Cheers Glen

Latest posts

Back