D40 tyres and rims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjchiz

Reaction score
Hey every one hoping iyou could help me out looking at getting some new tires and steel rims. I have a d40 Navara with a 40mm old man emu suspension and not sure what the biggest size tyre including what offset rim that would fit my vehicle we were looking at getting wildpeak A/T tyres, but I am open to any other recommendations. As for the rims i'm just not sure what offset to go with and what width i'm limited to

I have 285/70/17 on mine with a 40-50mm lift. No scrubbing.

Not sure what offset the rims are, I bought second hand with the tyres fitted. The tread of the tyre is pretty much under the guards, but the sidewall stocks out a bit.

G'day mate and welcome to the forum. As for the Falken Wildpeaks. I can say from personal experience there alright. Off road and on road they work well. Run true and fairly quiet for an aggressive A/T tyre. They balanced up good to. Not many weights. What I do really like about them is the wet weather performance. They are soft and you won't get a huge amount of K's out of them. if you don't do huge K's per year, not an issue but if you do you may want look at other brands. I have never brought tyres for longertivity. I buy them for grip. Mid price point tyres are the go i reckon, you can do better but the laws of diminishing returns comes into play you pay a lot more a little better.

As for the rims. Do you have a Thai of Spanish built D40? The Spanish built trucks have more positive offset. Spanish built you have a few more choices.
Is there any particular reason you want to go steel? There is not much wrong with standard alloys. 265x75x16 is your limit though.

G'day mate and welcome to the forum. As for the Falken Wildpeaks. I can say from personal experience there alright. Off road and on road they work well. Run true and fairly quiet for an aggressive A/T tyre. They balanced up good to. Not many weights. What I do really like about them is the wet weather performance. They are soft and you won't get a huge amount of K's out of them. if you don't do huge K's per year, not an issue but if you do you may want look at other brands. I have never brought tyres for longertivity. I buy them for grip. Mid price point tyres are the go i reckon, you can do better but the laws of diminishing returns comes into play you pay a lot more a little better.

As for the rims. Do you have a Thai of Spanish built D40? The Spanish built trucks have more positive offset. Spanish built you have a few more choices.
Is there any particular reason you want to go steel? There is not much wrong with standard alloys. 265x75x16 is your limit though.

I have a spanish built nav as for reasons i was assuming that to get the biggest size possible i would have to get a different offset to fit a wider tyre but if there is no need may just stay with the standard 17" rim. I didnt think u could fit the 16" rim over the front disk brakes

Spani

Spanish are P30 Thai are P45

Have a spanish 08 STX with 2 inch lift - Still 16 inch rims - went a -0 offset so they sit out further. Still run a 265/75/16 - 31.5 inch no drama - Side wall pokes out a little pass the guard but the tread is still inside guard.

Latest posts

Back