D40 tweeter/speakers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amosguido

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have just replaced my head unit on my 08' D40 ST-X with a Sony MEX-5050BT. Replaced front doors with some Kicker 450W 6x9's. I initially purchased a set of Kicker 6.5" components after the Sales guy read the wrong line in "The Book". Anyway, am I able to simply switch out the existing tweeters with the ones that came with the component set and install the 6.5's in the rear door without having to wire in the crossover? (Kinda want to avoid having to work out how to run the wire -and buy extra wire- from front to back with the crossover) Or should I leave the factory tweeters, return the component set and just buy some 2/3 way 6.5's for the rear? Sorry for the long winded post and thanks in advance.

I just went 6.5" rears with the no cross-over.. No you can't just wire in the tweeters into the front it needs the cross-over from the 6.5's

Save yourself the re-running of cables.. Unless you want to run amps and subs and are going for musical clarity...

Perfect reply.

I just went 6.5" rears with the no cross-over.. No you can't just wire in the tweeters into the front it needs the cross-over from the 6.5's

Save yourself the re-running of cables.. Unless you want to run amps and subs and are going for musical clarity...

Thanks so much, EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. Not going for subs/amps at this stage. Back to JB HIFI to swap over the components for some straight 6.5's this arvo, then back home to put them in.

CHEERS!!

Latest posts

Back