D40 tow bar compatibility

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotboxcivic

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm in need of replacing my Nissan towbar due to rust. I've noticed genuine Nissan D40 towbars range from 09/05-12/09 and 12/09-08/15. Are they interchangeable? I have a 2010 ST Thai built.

Cheers

I don't think the later units can be used on the earlier model vehicles and Thai builds had slight variations in the chassis - I know the fronts were different (affecting bullbars) but not so sure about the rear.

A towbar supplier (like Hayman Reese 1800 812 017) would be able to give you specifics.

you need to be on the look out for one that has 5 bolt holes a side.
earlier ones only had the three underneath and nothing into the inside

you need to be on the look out for one that has 5 bolt holes a side.
earlier ones only had the three underneath and nothing into the inside
Early ones were subject to recall too due to cracking the chassis or something. Had mine replaced under recall despite it being purchased second hand and h ing the tongue rusted into it.

Early ones were subject to recall too due to cracking the chassis or something...

i did think that was the case but couldn't remember for sure.. definetly worth noting and keeping the eye out for..
wonder if Nissan would still honour the recall now if you came across a three bolt towbar?

No idea if they’d still replace it, but I got mine done a few years ago.

I bought the ute without towbar in about 2017. fitted a second hand one, then found out about the recall and Nissan replaced it no question. They also did the bonnet catch check at the same time. No bull bar fitted, so they didn’t actually do anything for that.

Latest posts

Back