D40 Timing Chain & Timing Cover Gasket Brisbane

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerri

Reaction score
My son has just bought a 2009 Nissan Navara D40 which has a small timing cover oil leak. It has done 163,000 kms so it was recommended to him that he also get a quote to replace the timing chain at the same time as these can be problematic in Navara’s. (I don’t know anything about cars, just repeating what he was told.)

The quote for both the timing chain and several gaskets and o-rings is $3,106. We are in Brisbane, Qld. Australia. Is this is reasonable price for this job? Does anyone have any recommendations for reasonably priced mechanics where he could get this done?

Mine snapped at 162,500...
Give Engine House Australia at Ipswich at ring, that do a heap of them ( incl fixing mine up ).

There is also YD25.com based in Ipswich. I dealt with them got a dual row conversion from them for $1500 odd. They say a days labour to fit (I did my own and took basically 2 days including procrastination time). So I guess $1200 odd @ $150/hr for someone to fit. YD25.com can also do the job. They also will do a free check to see if it really needs doing.
A new timing cover gasket from a Nissan dealer will only be 30 or 40 bucks (I got one from Bartons).
Cheers

Thank you
There is also YD25.com based in Ipswich. I dealt with them got a dual row conversion from them for $1500 odd. They say a days labour to fit (I did my own and took basically 2 days including procrastination time). So I guess $1200 odd @ $150/hr for someone to fit. YD25.com can also do the job. They also will do a free check to see if it really needs doing.
A new timing cover gasket from a Nissan dealer will only be 30 or 40 bucks (I got one from Bartons).
Cheers
Thank you

Latest posts

Back