D40 Thai, no crank, Error Code U1000

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalfPY

Reaction score
Hello,

since a few days I have a big problem with starting my Navara. It is a 2008 Thai build Diesel with automatic transmission. When I try to start the engine the starter doesent crank. There are no unnormal control lights when I turn the ignition to ON, also the glow-light is there for a few secends. But when I turn to start I can here a relais clicking and the radio is turning off like usual, but then absolutely nothing happens. No noise from the starter and no crank. I can measure 12 Volt up to the fuse of the starting system in the fuse board close the rigtht front door. But no power is measured on the magnet switch at the starter. The diagnostic computer shows an Error Code U1000 which means there is something wrong on the CAN communication.
Yesterday I heard from a neighbour that the horn of my car was honking for several minutes although the car was closed and no key inserted a few days before the above mentioned problem occured. I found a blown fuse for the horn when I looked for fuses diagnosting the starting problem. But the horn didnt honk again itself after I replaced the fuse. So all this seems to be very strange.
Is anybody out there with an idea what it can be or where to search for the fault?

What happens when you short the starter with the reds on? does it crank?

Place a screwdriver between the positive and the signal wire to short it.

Checking the starter motor itself would be the first place I'd start

It's also the sign of a weak battery. Enough power to push the starter gear into position but not enough to get it turning.
I also learnt that you need a good chunky set of jumper leads for these cars. The standard cheapy petrol engine ones, won't cut it.

I also learnt that you need a good chunky set of jumper leads for these cars. The standard cheapy petrol engine ones, won't cut it.

Absolutely. Even "V8" cables may not cut it. A typical V8 petrol engine needs around 300 amps to crank over.

The little 4-cyl diesels need over 500 amps.

Latest posts

Back