D40 starter solenoid replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connaught

Reaction score
So 20 months ago when my d40 blew up, ( seemy thread 'she went bang and stopped', short story i snapped the crank) i pulled the starter out of it, not realizing that the little solenoid wire would snap off and rip the terminal out of the solenoid.

I am putting the old girl back together and getting it on the road again, but i
Today as i refitted the turbo and dump pipe i started thinking about the starter, i even grabbed my original out of the back, and the second one i got when i got the whole bottom end for the crank....

Both have busted solenoids terminals, so has anyone ever replaced the solenoid, if so where did you find it to purchase

This would be my prefered option as my original starter was fine, why buy a new starter when 2 screws replace the solenoid

So after some research

Starter part number from nissan
23300 eb300
23300 eb30a
23300 eb30b

Or mitsubishi electric
M008t76071ze

Solenoid pn from nissan
23343 eb300
23343 eb30a
23343 eb30b
These all seem to be interchangeable, however this is not procurable through nissan according to the dealer i contacted

I found on ebay that the solenoid is available under the part number

As-pl ss5130,

this seems to be the manufacturs part number ( the company that actually manufacturs it), it seems to be kinda hard to find, that part number only seems to be available on ebay out of eastern europe (poland/lithuania) for about 60 bucks aus

Morale of the story, the small terminal stud is very fragile, make sure you hold the stud while removing or installing the small lead onto it - there is a tang there to hold it, but its awkward when in the car, i suggest taking the rh inner wheel guard off, otherwise, like me your getting a new starter

Latest posts

Back