D40 Single Cab on Weighbridge ... Not Surprised with the Result

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott52

Reaction score
I finally got around to getting the actual weight of my single cab on a public weighbridge.

I had full fuel and water tank (55 litres) and all the spares, consumables like oil, coolant, tyre repair, recovery gear, transfer pump, two spare wheels and other equipment I keep in the side and tray mounted storage boxes. To head off I grab the fridge, food, camping gear and the other stuff is already on board.

So it weighs in at 2460kg. GVM is 2860 kg which only leaves me with 400kg which includes humans on board! With two of us I can only legally stash another approximately 250kg which is not a lot for a trip into remote areas.

I was definitely overloaded on my way to Wolfe Creek Crater last year to do the CSR on my enduro motorcycle. There were two of us onboard plus 240kg of fuel and 120kg of KTM ... Add in the food, water and god only knows what else you need on a remote desert expedition. This is how it was as driven onto the weighbridge.

IMG_20201201_140451[1].jpg
IMG_20201201_140505[1].jpg

Last edited:
It adds up pretty quick. I’ll bet there are plenty of utes out there overloaded a lot of the time.

Plain and simple, these 1tonne utes are not designed to carry a 1 tonne payload, just 1 tonne in total and everyone forgets that fuel and passengers count.

It adds up pretty quick. I’ll bet there are plenty of utes out there overloaded a lot of the time.

Plain and simple, these 1tonne utes are not designed to carry a 1 tonne payload, just 1 tonne in total and everyone forgets that fuel and passengers count.

I've told my co-driver they have to go on a serious weight reduction program or they stay home next time.

I guessed it was going to weigh about 2.5 tonne. It's now a problem for these remote motorcycle enduros. You have to carry a huge amount of supplies when you're going to be in the Western Deserts for two weeks. :unsure:

Looks like you will need a good off road trailer to carry the bike and supplies, just remember the ball weight needs to come off vehicles capacity.

Latest posts

Back