D40 RX bullbar on D40 ST-x

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaelandenys

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I own a 2009 D40 ST-X and am looking to put a bull bar on it. I’ve found one I like the look of but according to the website, it’s suitable for a D40 RX. From what I can tell they don’t appear to be any different from the ST-X externally. So my question is are there any external differences between the RX and the ST-X? And hence, will this bullbar fit on my ST-X?

cheers.

RX and the ST-X? And hence, will this bullbar fit on my ST-X?
Probably not mate. Odds on your 2009 STX is a Spanish built truck and and an RX will be Thai built there is a difference in Chassis rail spacings so it will not bolt strait up. External dimensions are exactly the same.

Best way to confirm if you vehicle has a chassis number starting VSK it is Spanish built. If the vehicle your getting the bar from is MNT. It's no go.

Hey guys,

I own a 2009 D40 ST-X and am looking to put a bull bar on it. I’ve found one I like the look of but according to the website, it’s suitable for a D40 RX. From what I can tell they don’t appear to be any different from the ST-X externally. So my question is are there any external differences between the RX and the ST-X? And hence, will this bullbar fit on my ST-X?

cheers.

I did the reverse of what you're doing. I have a Thai 2011 single cab RX 4wd. Not sure if you're aware but the fenders on RX's usually have much narrower flares. The flares on the other variants are wider and look better.

So usually the bullbars are a bit narrower if they're for an RX. In my case I installed a genuine Nissan branded bull bar (pretty sure made by ARB) from a Thai twin cab. The bull bar was wider than my guards and looked a bit odd. It bolted up fine as all the mounts were the same as both were Thai. Not long after I hit a roo and damaged both guards. I took the opportunity to replace them with Thai twin cab fenders with the wider flares and now the bull bar looks like is supposed to. I was finally able to fit a snorkel kit after swapping out the fenders.

When you buy a snorkel kit you'll notice they all say not suitable for RX models ... that's because of the different profile flares. All the snorkels are made for the wider flared guards.

If your ST-X is VSK Spain and the RX bullbar is from an MNT Thai then you'll need the correct mounting brackets as the ends of the chassis rails are different.

So in your case the bull bar will be narrower and will probably sit inside the fender line. It may look a bit odd.
The photo is typical of the RX with the narrower flares.

1622680908823.png

ST-X with wider flares
1622681074376.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back