D40 rear seats....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsgooch

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have D40 dual cab and I have read on the forum that people have removed their rear seats. I would like to do this, but a mate of mine was under the impression that it was illegal. Does anyone have any information on that? I want to install a fridge in the back of the cab and was wondering if anyone has done this and was there any problem getting access to the fridge?

Thanks!

In Qld, you can remove your rear seat. But, you will need to get a modification plate as the seating capacity has been altered. If you ever put the seat back in, you will need to get another to say the seating has been altered again. Other states allow for temporary removal of seats, but not in Qld. I have confirmed this through the local TMR office.

Cheers.

The base of the DC seats come up quite a way - that's one of the nice things about the D40 DC, the seats fold both down AND up. We folded the seats up to fit the new heat pump unit for our hot water system - it only just made it height-wise, but thanks to the fold-up seat it did, and there was plenty of room fore and aft.

How big's the fridge?

My Thai build has a solid base, no folding up or down..
Dont know for sure but as long as no one is sitting in there i wouldn't think it would be a problem..

took mine out and put a false floor in to carry all my tools, Put an 18L air tank under that too.
In the near 3 years ive had it i might have had people in the back maybe 4 times....
thought why not!

A bit different but gotta King Cab here. Removed the jump seats. Put in a false floor and dress board at the rear bulkhead. A couple weekends ago. I used the the seat belt bolts to secure the thing. Next few days will mount my new Engle in there permanently.
I to will post a pic when done.

Hey mike you got a pic of your false floor?
here you go mate,

From the top is the headboard
IMAG00877.jpg

From the side
IMAG00866.jpg

and underneath
IMAG0500.jpg

I made it sit higher so i could fit all the recovery gear and rain jackets etc underneath. also mounted one of my resotred axes in there too

IMAG0499.jpg

i just used some ply wood and rubber backed carpet(was cheaper) then glue and screw, all up took me an afternoon.

Latest posts

Back