D40 Rear Axle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonf21

Reaction score
So I have a 2010 facelift Nav, manual and have had a major failure of the rear differential.

I don't think I have the experience to rebuild the diff, so was planning to replace the whole rear axle for a quick and easy swap. Is there a difference between the '05-'10 rear axle and differential and the '10-Present Rear axle and diff. I have spoken to the breaker yards here in sweden and the rear axle part number on my model is D30035X40A where as pre 2010 seems to be D30033X12E. Does anyone happen to know if these parts are interchangeable...

Thanks in advance,

Simon

I have done some digging and found that they are form the same model, however the D30033X12 is with locking diff and D30035X40A is without the locking diff. So my question now is can I install a locking diff axle on a non locking diff navara...

Is it a self locking dif or does it require to be locked manually? If it is the latter then you will need to add the extra bits if you require the locking function.

Latest posts

Back