D40 Radiator, how hard is it to find one that fits???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trex4x4

Reaction score
After initial supply issues finally picked a radiator up for 2010 D40 only to find that the shroud doesn't fit, about to take it back this morning, is it really that hard to get the correct radiator to fit this?

It shouldn't be. Specifically what model car do you have? We know it's a 2010 D40, but what are the first three letters of the VIN? This makes a difference.

Well they gave us a replacement which fitted, on the road again...
MNT thank you Old. Tony if you can tell me more about it so may save me some trouble in the future.

MNT is a Thai build, so it's an ST or an RX (Thailand also produced the STX King Cab in 2010). All of the Thai diesels had the 126kW motor. Chassis rails are a couple of mm different in Spanish/Thai, so bullbars for one don't fit the other either. Otherwise, they're very similar. Things like intercoolers, headlights, air filters etc should all fit without any problem. There might be an issue with the turbocharger, pay attention to how many bolts are holding the turbo to the exhaust manifold and the dump pipe, if you need to replace the turbo they'll ask about this.

There are minor electrical differences too. While you have an ambient temperature display in your instrument panel, there's no wiring loom for it in the engine bay. You can overcome this - there's a thread on this somewhere and we've been discussing this one recently (refer to this post for the answers). I don't think the Thai builds had puddle lights in their mirrors either (I've removed mine anyway, I've got Clearview mirrors because we tow a lot). Most other wiring is intact (not sure on the fog lamps).

There are minor electrical differences too. While you have an ambient temperature display in your instrument panel, there's no wiring loom for it in the engine bay. You can overcome this
(I've removed mine anyway, I've got Clearview mirrors because we tow a lot). Most other wiring is intact (not sure on the fog lamps).
Do you also have a Thai build, Tony? If so, did the mirror connector plug straight in? On mine, using knock-off towing mirrors, some of the wires had to be re-arranged for the mirrors to work correctly. Also, as mine is an RX, there were no connections in the door to hook up the mirror's indicators.

No, mine's a Manuel. VSK is the start of the VIN. Bloody thing gets up to 88km/h and starts chucking tomatoes everywhere. It's also quite scared of bulls, and I live in a dairy/beef rural community!

Well they gave us a replacement which fitted, on the road again...
MNT thank you Old. Tony if you can tell me more about it so may save me some trouble in the future.

I've learned the heard way that there are countless subtle differences with components between our MNT's compared to the VSK's.

Whenever buying anything really emphasise you have the Thai built MNT. I hit a roo in 2019 and damaged the fenders. My plan was to buy new guards from the wreckers. I was eyeing off some white fenders on a VSK but fortunately the bloke in the yard saved me from my own ignorance ... "nah mate they won't fit 'cos it's Spanish ... I've got a white Thai over here". The outside profile is the same but the bolt holes don't line up. I did discover VSK outside mirrors (without indicator lights) will bolt straight on and the electrical plug is the same.

I also learnt the wider flared fenders on the Thai twin cab bolted straight onto single cab RX which had the narrow flares. I always disliked those narrow RX fenders. My single cab now looks like a proper 4wd. Also I grabbed the door wiring harness from the Thai and power mirrors from the VSK. The Thai donor vehicle had already sold the mirrors. My RX had the manual outside mirrors which were painful.

I recently changed the upper control arm ball joints to 25mm extended. The UCA ball joints are totally different between Thai and Spain. Also wheel offsets are very different so if you're buying rims makes sure they're for an MNT.

So I'm very careful when ordering after doing my own research.

These are useful online parts finders I use all the time:

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/locate?c=Nissan
https://7zap.com/en/catalog/cars/Nissan/brand/14/0/NAVARA/NAVARA THI MAKE
I find I've become so cautious I'll use both as a double check before ordering anything ... I guess it's the "measure twice cut once" policy.

Latest posts

Back