D40 Ignition ACC versus ON

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 49350

Reaction score
Hi All,
I thought any car would only light up the dash with indicators like oil pressure, glow plug etc when the key switch is ON and not when in the ACC position - noting that ON is the position that the switch returns to after starting the engine. I was sure ACC only activates the stereo and cigarette lighter sockets.
In my D40 (2011 YD25 Thai built) there seems to be no difference between ACC and ON with regard to the dash indicators but I do notice if the Air Con fan is running then it turns off in ACC mode and back on when the Ignition is ON.
I just find it odd that the dash indicators light up in ACC - I thought they didn't. And honestly I cant remember if this is new behavior.
I had installed an Apexi Turbo Timer on the weekend and only noticed this behavior testing the timer. The timer works exactly as I thought it should turning off the engine after the preset time.
Tonight I removed the timer harness that plugs in between the ignition switch and its existing connector and returned back to factory wiring (effectively removing the timer wiring) and the behaviour does not change.
Can someone please confirm how their D40 behaves?
If it is abnormal, has anyone else experienced this?
Cheers

Might be different as mine is a Spain, ACC is ACC and Reds are Reds.

Acts like all other cars I've had.

Funny you mention cigarette lighter, the one next to the AC controls stays on Perm. I love that.

Thanks Phunk.
I presume you are saying Red = Ign ON so lots of Red lights on Dash>
ACC no lights on Dash.
Mine certainly is not doing that, Lights on Dash for ACC or ON.
Cheers

Thanks Phunk.
I presume you are saying Red = Ign ON so lots of Red lights on Dash>
ACC no lights on Dash.
Mine certainly is not doing that, Lights on Dash for ACC or ON.
Cheers

To be honest, it sounds like your Barrel is playing up and missing the ACC point and shorting to the ON.

I haven't pulled a Navara barrel out to see if you can check the points on the back and give it a clean.

Spray in some WD40 (small burst) and see if it cleans up some of the gunk

If yours is MNT, seems like they give a bit more issues than the VSK - Genuine Nissan Navara D40 Thai & D23 NP300 Ignition Switch (navarapart.com.au)

Ah I worked it out.
Barrel is OK.
I followed this procedure to allow me to lock the doors while the timer is timing down: https://www.nissan-navara.net/threads/turbo-timer-installation-with-remote-central-locking.19240/
You need to use a double pole relay, the relay I had looked like double pole double throw (DPDT) because it had two sets of 3 pins (6 pins) excluding the coil but when I looked closely on the relay its actually a single pole double throw that shares the two sets of pins. So when ACC comes on it energises the ON input to the BCM even thought the Ign switch is only in ACC position. So the BCM thinks its ON and the IPDM says energise all the stuff.
Lesson is don't assume because a relay has 6 pins plus 2 for the coil its a DPDT relay.
Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back