D40 Dual Cab Under Back Seat Storage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THOOMP

Reaction score
Hey All 🙂,

I have a 2012 D40 Dual Cab ST (Thai Build). Upright of the back seats folds down but seat base is fixed to cabin i.e. does not fold up, unlike some newer(?) models.

The cabin rise that the seat base is mounted to appears to be a void enclosed from top and bottom i.e. inside and under cabin.

My question is, is this a usable space? I understand access is an issue as the seat base is fixed, but i am curious as to whether it is a void which could be utilised.

Grateful for any input/advice.

Kind Regards,
Dan

Mine's a 2009 model (Spanish) and the bottom of the seat rises up, but all I store under the seat is a picnic blanket. Pretty sure there were boxes made by someone to go under there, but can't recall if that was a custom build or if it worked with a fixed seat.

Hi I have a 2008 Spanish built and my seats lift up.
also there was a Nissan storage box available that went under the seats. Hope this helps
1641E635-0234-44F7-9DE7-F93A7B9995D7.jpeg

I have a 2012 D40 Dual Cab ST (Thai Build). Upright of the back seats folds down but seat base is fixed to cabin i.e. does not fold up, unlike some newer(?) models.
I would assume the rear seat is the same as what's in my RX. The seat hob lifts up from the front, although I needed to use a flat (such as you might use to pulling nails, etc.) and had to lever pretty hard. There are three clips, one near each end and another in the middle and you'll want to lever as close to those clips as you can. It was a waste of time though. The hob sits right on top of the raised floor, with no room to use for storage.

I would assume the rear seat is the same as what's in my RX. The seat hob lifts up from the front, although I needed to use a flat (such as you might use to pulling nails, etc.) and had to lever pretty hard. There are three clips, one near each end and another in the middle and you'll want to lever as close to those clips as you can. It was a waste of time though. The hob sits right on top of the raised floor, with no room to use for storage.
I
I have been considering getting mine cut so as to give storage. I wonder if the swivel system from others models for the seat would fit, wreckers time for a look :)

I

I have been considering getting mine cut so as to give storage. I wonder if the swivel system from others models for the seat would fit, wreckers time for a look :)
Did ya end up finding out if the seats are interchangeable??

Hey All 🙂,

The cabin rise that the seat base is mounted to appears to be a void enclosed from top and bottom i.e. inside and under cabin.

My question is, is this a usable space? I understand access is an issue as the seat base is fixed, but i am curious as to whether it is a void which could be utilised.

Grateful for any input/advice.

Kind Regards,
Dan
Hi, i have a 2013 D40 it also doesn’t have lift up rear seat base. My fix was to to gets couple of plastic containers which fit neatly underneath each side. I keep a small tool collection with fuse’s etc in them and find this very handy. They are a snug fit and never seem to move.

Latest posts

Back