D40 Dual cab interior lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkkat

Reaction score
Hi Guys I have both front and back cabin lights out The fuse is marked "ROOM" 10 Amp .I Its unswitched meaning its straight on battery , along with the brake lights and something called "METER" anyone have any clues ? The brake lights work ok maybe meter is the memory for odometer total Need some help here!! BTW recent timing chain conversion to duplex chains has made a big improvement its a lot quieter now will post more in D40 engine Regards to all xkkat

"Meter" should be the instrument cluster. I'm pretty sure the interior lights are controlled by the BCM, my lights don't just blink out when they turn off, they slowly dim indicating that they're under the control of something other than a switch/relay.

I just got back from the Bathurst 1000 and will be busy tomorrow cleaning and shopping, I'll try to remember to have a look at my fuses to see if there's one that handles interior lights.

"Meter" should be the instrument cluster. I'm pretty sure the interior lights are controlled by the BCM, my lights don't just blink out when they turn off, they slowly dim indicating that they're under the control of something other than a switch/relay.

I just got back from the Bathurst 1000 and will be busy tomorrow cleaning and shopping, I'll try to remember to have a look at my fuses to see if there's one that handles interior lights.
Thanks Tony For your input Ive never seen the map lights working! The fuse cakked "ROOM "is good that's all I can check all other door functions work ok So come on guys give me and tony some help!!

I did test my lights while I was in the car park at shopping, they stay on until the ignition is turned on and they gently dim, so they're definitely controlled by the body control module. However, I didn't get a chance to fiddle around with the fuses.

Slightly off topic if that's ok? but have you guys replaced the interior globes with LEDs? Is it a simple swap out?

Trying to get this thread back on track ...

Let's try something else, since the fuses shouldn't be an issue.

If you press one of the lights upwards, do they click like a switch, and do they come on? If they do after pressing one, and you close or open the door, do the lights change and work as expected now?

If you press one of the lights upwards and they come on but the door doesn't change anything, press the light a second time and try the door again. If the door still doesn't make a change, it's possible your door switch is faulty. Does your dash register the open door? It should show a red picture of a car with a door open. If that's missing, there's a good chance the door switch is faulty or its connection is faulty.

Trying to get this thread back on track ...

Let's try something else, since the fuses shouldn't be an issue.

If you press one of the lights upwards, do they click like a switch, and do they come on? If they do after pressing one, and you close or open the door, do the lights change and work as expected now?

If you press one of the lights upwards and they come on but the door doesn't change anything, press the light a second time and try the door again. If the door still doesn't make a change, it's possible your door switch is faulty. Does your dash register the open door? It should show a red picture of a car with a door open. If that's missing, there's a good chance the door switch is faulty or its connection is faulty.

Hi Tony all 4 door switches are working ok There is no 12v+ve on supply side of "Room light 10 A fuse All other electrical systems in car are working ok regards Xkkat

This might be a silly question ... if there's no 12V +ve on the supply side of "Room Light 10A Fuse", is there a 12V on the other side of the fuse?

They wouldn't specifically double-fuse those lights, they might fuse the BCM but if things like the indicators (and hazard lights) and remote unlock are working properly, the BCM is obviously powered and functioning.

Surely it's not possible for the supply side of the fuse holder itself to have failed, or the wire behind to have fallen out?

Latest posts

Back