(D40 Diesels) Nissan Navara D40 2010 Transmission Noises

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thebook452

Reaction score
Greetings from the Philippines , I am an owner of a automatic Nissan Navara 2010 D40 with an approx 130K millage. I typically drive the car on a weekend basis carrying loads to another town (approx 60KM away).

Yesterday, (the car still moves) I tried driving the car but I encountered the following noises. Please refer to the Link below (I have indicated the different sounds the truck made when I shifted gear)

From The Engine
Park - 0:00
Reverse - 0:03
Neutral - 0:06
Drive - 0:10
Park - 0:23

From the driver seat

Also I have a portable Bluetooth OBD Scanner here is the error message I have received a P0210 error code

Other comfort issues (aircon) that is still unfixed (seems like there is a major leak of Freon) as the manifold gauge shows '0'. I suspect there is a leak somewhere or potentially a I need to have the AC Clutch or Compressor checked out. I have also replaced the resistor pack as it melts.
(I will post another query on the AC issue)

Thanks guys

My service manual doesn't say anything about P0210 at all. It's not part of the DTC set for the YD25 engine for any vehicle from 2006 to 2014.

A search indicates that P0210 is an injector circuit error for injector number 10. I think there's a fault in the fault reporting by the system!

Listening to the sound - it could be either a fan belt or an exhaust leak. I'm betting on the exhaust leak.

Look over the exhaust, but particularly around the two more common failure areas: the exhaust manifold -> turbocharger join, and the gold EGR pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve at the front of the motor on the vehicle right hand side. You are looking for black sooty emissions from cracks. The more common culprit is the exhaust -> turbo join, and the gasket thins out and makes squealing sounds.

Latest posts

Back