D40 Bellhousings changed?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kzin

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just building a new YD25DDTI for my 06 2wd Navara, but the block is different at the back, it wont fit my Trans. Its wider on the turbo side.

Is this a perhaps a Later model block or a 4WD thing?

Or is it a Spain/thai issue, my trans is Spanish.

Can I just change the Bellhousing on my transmission?
IMG_20210328_095039.jpg

Last edited:
Make sure that spacer is the right way around, u can also have it backwards, but it shoud fit

I have the block from a 2007 spain 4wd and i got a bottom end for the crank, that was an unknown year, but automatic and the spacer had same bolt pattern

Make sure its the correct way around and put it on before the flywheel, (it wont go over the flywheel)

Thanks for the reply. I actually now suspect the Block I have used is ment for a D22... I'm just considering drilling & tapping the missing holes, & use longer bolts, there are only 2 to do, the one next to the stud & the one above, and just above the bolt in the picture there should be a hollow dowel would have to do that aswell.

It looks like its that, or alter the bellhousing.

if it is out of a d22, better check that things like the heads are the same, considering they are only 96kw, and have a completely different turbo setup!

Dont take this the wrong way,

But that sucks, in a serious way,

From memory my manual transmission bell housing and body are a one piece casting so not an easily changed piece

Actually I have discovered that it may be a Euro 5 block. all the pictures on the net seem to match mine. don't know why they changed it though.

If the Trans is the same perhaps I can just change the bellhousing, I assume the later box will not work with my ECU.

not sure if the euro 5 block is the updated 140kw version, but they apparently have a different head(square ports instead of round?)

Latest posts

Back