D40 and D23 Rims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mamiab

Reaction score
Quick one please. Are Navara D40 and Navara D23 (NP300) interchangeable. Thanks

Yes, and no. I have a set of aftermarket rims on my D40 I bought second hand from a guy who has them on a D23. i have also seen a guy selling rims from a D23 because they didn’t fit his D40.

Stud pattern is the same. Standard diameter is close enough. Offset may be an issue depending on which particular model they come from and you have.

Seen a lot of D40's running the D23 STX wheels, even I was contemplating a set.

It happens with some makes and models that certain wheels are interchangeable, while others are not. Even when the stud pattern is the same, the diameter and offset match, there can be issues such as clearance around the brakes. I'd suggest that rather than relying on answers to such a broad question, which could lead you up the wrong path, you try to find out what make and model the wheels are and ask specifically about that.

The D23 wheels have a more positive offset than the D40.

So in other words if you fit D40 wheels to a D23 they will stick out beyond the arches.

As above there are a number of different OEM wheels as well as a range of aftermarket ones.

What is the affect of putting the D23 wheels on a D40. Apparently, the offset on a D40 is 28-32 and the offset of the D23 is 43-47. Does this mean they are further in or further out?

It depends on which model D40. I think the Thai builds used zero offset while the Spanish cars used a negative offset.

I admittedly haven't tried any other wheels, happy with the alloys that came with the car particularly in slightly rugged terrain.

The thought had occurred to me at one point to put Kut Snake flares with Thai rims to bring the wheels out further, but Arctic Flares look even cooler:

aem_0001_BL_Nissan_Navara-AT_035.jpg.ximg_.l_full_m.smart_.jpg

But I decided in the end to leave it as is, because while I do a little off-road, it's nothing really serious and we actually spend more time hauling outback highways these days and the rig as it is makes for a stable platform to pull our 2.5T caravan anywhere a reasonable road (sealed or not) has been made.

Latest posts

Back